My mates stuck in this

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7443257.stm

wonder if and how many shows he may miss!

any chance we could ever see this in great britain? good luck to them.it might even get throught to downing street that this even on a smaller scale could happen here

unlikely to happen in this country but this is what needs to be done …but as has been said before no one will stand together

i’m led too believe, we have 1 stuck in spain, and 2 in portugal.

chilistrucker:
i’m led too believe, we have 1 stuck in spain, and 2 in portugal.

i saw one of yours heading towards spain last week (wondered if it was you mate)

talked to him today, apparently there are 3000 at la jonquera (where he is) and in total 97000 trucks throughout are stationary!!!

i agree we need something like it in england, but the big players wont stick together and there is a good chance of being arrested, i think drive thousands into the capital very early one morning, leave them on the road, lock them up and walk away

did you get his name matt?
trying too think who it is, we have a guy called phil stuck in irun, and 2 more down the algarve. i’ve had too have 3 weeks in the uk, family commitments, so i should miss it, i’ll prob be back out there in a week and a half, if all goes well.
where you at mate?

as long as know 1 is hurt, i take my hat off too em, for getting up and doing something, win, lose, or draw, at least they are trying.

i think if we did this gordon would get his security forces out, call us terrorists,and bring out the wreckers to move us on.under their public order laws

Im no trucker…yet…but this crazy fuel affects us all, so do “foreigners” taking our jobs. Maybe some peopke should contact the “big boys” of the industry, talk to managers personally and see just what THEY think to the fuel…then move the talk on to striking…might not be successful but worth a shot?

Spanish police are starting to tow vehicles away now and some protesters are leaving the picket for fear of being fined.

Also one driver died yesterday on the picket and one was badly burned today after burning his unit and taking another 4 lorries with it according to the Spanish newspaper el país.

I text Dan the other day, he seemed quite happy, on his 3rd day sitting in the sun!! I willbe there the end of July, wonder if it will be resolved by then!?

have you seen the roundabout day thread ?

kindle530:
I text Dan the other day, he seemed quite happy, on his 3rd day sitting in the sun!! I willbe there the end of July, wonder if it will be resolved by then!?

he wasnt impressed when i spoke to him, but he is on his way again, didnt miss a single show, unreal! people trying to get through were having tyres drilled and windows smashed, although im not sure howmuch of a good idea drilling a tyre is…

They probably took one look at his truck and felt sorry for him!

The Portugese government have crumbled.
They have offered reduced tax and reduced road tolls.