my mack

here she is

my favorite feature, the ashtray is above the cupholder

i like how i can remove the key and the motor stays running

hope you enjoyed

She looks like she’s waiting for me to take her to ride. I’d like at least once to drive american truck with big hood. How old she is? Truck doesn’t look very old. I think it has quite narrow cab but I gues thats enough for daycab.

Is it constantly 6x4 or do you drive it normally as 6x2? Here in Finland we have local truck manufacturer which makes double drive bogie where you can “cut off” last axle when it’s not needed. I mean that you can drive it like 6x2 and engage second drive axle only when needed. No, I don’t mean Robson-device ( poor man’s double drive bogie, friction drive bogie, don’t know what is right word ).

gorgeousload:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/gorgeousload/pictures065.jpg

I wouldn’t like drinking from those cups after some ash has come from ashtray on them. Woudn’t it be better to have asthray below the cupholder?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/gorgeousload/pictures068.jpg
hope you enjoyed

You have quite high idle rpm :wink: Why you wan’t to keep your engine running all the time? Even if you don’t have engine & cabin heater that’s day cab so you won’t be sleeping in it.

I liked these and would like to see more ( interior ) pics. More outside pics would also be nice.

Edit: Could you post little smaller pics so that we don’t have to use horizontal scroll.

Well I start a new job on Monday…I’ll be going from a Mack 460bhp 18 speed to a freightliner Columbia 10 speed :open_mouth:
They might look nice but still a pile of ■■■!!!

Bully

Kyrbo:
She looks like she’s waiting for me to take her to ride. I’d like at least once to drive american truck with big hood. How old she is? Truck doesn’t look very old. I think it has quite narrow cab but I gues thats enough for daycab.

Is it constantly 6x4 or do you drive it normally as 6x2? Here in Finland we have local truck manufacturer which makes double drive bogie where you can “cut off” last axle when it’s not needed. I mean that you can drive it like 6x2 and engage second drive axle only when needed. No, I don’t mean Robson-device ( poor man’s double drive bogie, friction drive bogie, don’t know what is right word ).

gorgeousload:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/gorgeousload/pictures065.jpg

I wouldn’t like drinking from those cups after some ash has come from ashtray on them. Woudn’t it be better to have asthray below the cupholder?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/gorgeousload/pictures068.jpg
hope you enjoyed

You have quite high idle rpm :wink: Why you wan’t to keep your engine running all the time? Even if you don’t have engine & cabin heater that’s day cab so you won’t be sleeping in it.

I liked these and would like to see more ( interior ) pics. More outside pics would also be nice.

Edit: Could you post little smaller pics so that we don’t have to use horizontal scroll.

I appreciate your interest. thank you. this truck is a year 2004 model. Cabovers over here are pretty rare, especially for day cabs. they don’t serve any benefit in a day cab setup. they are harder to work on, the wheel base wouldn’t be any shorter, and i like being lower to the ground. it is much less of a distance to fall. yes it is constantly 6x4. i can lock the center differential. but that is the only thing that i can do to it. i’ve never heard of a truck that can engage or disengage a drive axle. probably because the price of fuel is still somewhat reasonable. this truck gets about 6.1 mpg (2.6 kpl). that’s the national average but still not the greatest.
fyi, the truck wasn’t idling. i stepped on the accerator to help prove that my motor was running. i found out that key bit when the key fell out while bouncing down the highway. as far as sizing the pictures, it took me long enough to figure out how to post my pictures. i don’t have a clue how to size them properly…
i usually work at nights so it is not easy for me to take pictures. i waited until dawn to take these. mondays have me working a little past daybreak so i’ll post some more for you along with some highway shots of baltimore and philadelphia. to ease your suffering, i have another interior shot.

Bully:
Well I start a new job on Monday…I’ll be going from a Mack 460bhp 18 speed to a freightliner Columbia 10 speed :open_mouth:

Bully

what happened, bully? did you get sick of all the back and forth associated with tipper work?

believe me Bully, you will prefer the Frightleiner :exclamation: it’s slightly better crap :laughing:

Good pics

gorgeousload:

Bully:

Bully

what happened, bully? did you get sick of all the back and forth associated with tipper work?

No…I’m still doing tipper work but got tired running bent all the time for my previous company. I start my new job on Monday running coal up to Michigan. I’ll be out a couple of nights a week to start with after that I will be running IN, MI, OH, PA, WV and Ontario.

Bully

congrats on the new job. i didn’t realise tippers went so far.

I’ve driven the newer Macks, Freightliners and Volvos. The Volvo has the best interior, the mack comes up a significant second, although the switches are nice and big-hard to hit the wrong on on a bouncy road. The Freightliner comes in a distant 3rd, though. Worst of all worlds.

AlexxInNY:
I’ve driven the newer Macks, Freightliners and Volvos. The Volvo has the best interior, the mack comes up a significant second, although the switches are nice and big-hard to hit the wrong on on a bouncy road. The Freightliner comes in a distant 3rd, though. Worst of all worlds.

I took out a Volvo VN for my road test and yeah its a nice truck but I just couldn’t get the seat in the right postion to make me feel comfortable. I may have to drive that for a week or two until my truck is ready…I’ll let you all know how I get on with the fright liner LOL! :open_mouth: :wink: when I get it.

Bully

Give it time with the volvo bully, they’re really good trucks. I’m sure you can fiddle the seat into the right places. Either that, or get a new seat?

I have driven Macks, Petes, KW’s and Frieghtliners before my Volvo and none of the seats in the others can hold a candle to my VN610, I can get the seat in any position and there are built in air bags everywhere that adjust for comfort :exclamation:

After spending a few weeks in my lil daf… I wouldn’t mind a one stack mack with no shack on the back!! :open_mouth: :laughing: :open_mouth:

Bully hasn’t responded since the 16 th :exclamation: Maybe his new job keeps him away from home longer :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: