My little outing! Part 2

So I said on the previous thread that I was going to do another photoshoot this week and get some pictures of the rest of the fleet. I went back this morning for about 8:45 I know early for a lad of my age :open_mouth: but in all fairness I love early mornings one of the things I can’t wait for to be honest when I start driving trucks. Odd I know but I’m a very odd person :wink: :wink: :wink:

But before I got to the yard I had to make a pit stop into sainsburys to get a bottle of irn bru to start my day out right :smiley: :smiley:

I have to admit and I apologize but I didn’t get many pictures today as the weather has been ■■■■! Nothing like last week which is a bloody shame and I didn’t get to meet the driver of the Volvo as with it being the harvest times working hours are at maximum etc so the last thing all the drivers will want to see is a truck!!! But to be fair I did have a big smile on my face to have all the fleet to photograph and I apologize but I never took any pictures of the classic trucks as Steve was working in the garage on the shock absorber on the Volvo. I asked Steve if I could help out but he was straight up and honest and said there was nothing I could do but he did say he would ask around the farms if there was any work I could do as I think anyone can see I’m fed up of being stuck indoors! Although I’m going to go on a walk around all the local hauliers this next week camera in hand doing what I do best!!!

Anyway after a few comments about my photography work from a ‘friend’ of mine, who said my work looks stupid because it was all taken at one height and I don’t crouch down to get pictures so, I’ve done pictures at two heights today and I admit the ones I crouched down for look a bit better but I’ll let you be the judge of that!!! Anyway, enjoy :smiley: :smiley:

Right this next truck, is my personal favourite of this fleet as this truck nicknamed by steve as the ‘Green bomber’ and this truck is in a class of its own for the sound alone!! Every time this truck is around, you hear it before you see it and the single stack on the foden makes it sound ever so sweeter!!! Nothing sweeter than a CAT engine with a good exhaust stack to play that tune from!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Now I have a question, a silly and random question but are yellow name plates in the windscreen illegal or is it a myth. I remember my dad telling me about his old TM when he was on the boxes demanding he took his name plate out of the windscreen as it was illegal with it being yellow. If someone could give me an answer to that would be fantastic as it’s been bugging me for a while.

I know there aren’t that many pictures, and no classic truck shots today I apologize for that!! And the weather has been absolutely dreadful this morning. But I hope you like the pictures I took and I even took pictures to please my friend I’m such a nice person :unamused: :unamused:

Anyway enjoy!!! :grimacing: :grimacing:

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

i tried the crouching shot aswell not so long ago does look better i think lol

:open_mouth:

jonnytruckfest:
So I said on the previous thread that I was going to do another photoshoot this week and get some pictures of the rest of the fleet. I went back this morning for about 8:45 I know early for a lad of my age :open_mouth: but in all fairness I love early mornings one of the things I can’t wait for to be honest when I start driving trucks. Odd I know but I’m a very odd person :wink: :wink: :wink:

But before I got to the yard I had to make a pit stop into sainsburys to get a bottle of irn bru to start my day out right :smiley: :smiley:

I have to admit and I apologize but I didn’t get many pictures today as the weather has been [zb]! Nothing like last week which is a bloody shame and I didn’t get to meet the driver of the Volvo as with it being the harvest times working hours are at maximum etc so the last thing all the drivers will want to see is a truck!!! But to be fair I did have a big smile on my face to have all the fleet to photograph and I apologize but I never took any pictures of the classic trucks as Steve was working in the garage on the shock absorber on the Volvo. I asked Steve if I could help out but he was straight up and honest and said there was nothing I could do but he did say he would ask around the farms if there was any work I could do as I think anyone can see I’m fed up of being stuck indoors! Although I’m going to go on a walk around all the local hauliers this next week camera in hand doing what I do best!!!

Anyway after a few comments about my photography work from a ‘friend’ of mine, who said my work looks stupid because it was all taken at one height and I don’t crouch down to get pictures so, I’ve done pictures at two heights today and I admit the ones I crouched down for look a bit better but I’ll let you be the judge of that!!! Anyway, enjoy :smiley: :smiley:

Right this next truck, is my personal favourite of this fleet as this truck nicknamed by steve as the ‘Green bomber’ and this truck is in a class of its own for the sound alone!! Every time this truck is around, you hear it before you see it and the single stack on the foden makes it sound ever so sweeter!!! Nothing sweeter than a CAT engine with a good exhaust stack to play that tune from!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Now I have a question, a silly and random question but are yellow name plates in the windscreen illegal or is it a myth. I remember my dad telling me about his old TM when he was on the boxes demanding he took his name plate out of the windscreen as it was illegal with it being yellow. If someone could give me an answer to that would be fantastic as it’s been bugging me for a while.

I know there aren’t that many pictures, and no classic truck shots today I apologize for that!! And the weather has been absolutely dreadful this morning. But I hope you like the pictures I took and I even took pictures to please my friend I’m such a nice person :unamused: :unamused:

Anyway enjoy!!! :grimacing: :grimacing:

Cheers

I thought that too, but I have to admit I hate taking pictures crouching down with me having bad knees. And being a big lad that doesn’t help non either. &&& The fact some of my other pictures from my previous thread are going to be featured in octobers classic commercial I was made up about that. Especially with it being my first time sending pictures in :smiley: :smiley:

Cheers

I only got 150 pictures if that today, and half of them are for a project I will be set if I’m at college next year and I’m just getting a head start :smiley: :smiley:

On my final project at college for my exam I took in excess of 350+ pictures in 1 day alone. And 200 of them got printed out individually on normal photosized prints and stuck down into an old copy of truck and driver for one of my final pieces. It was one of the best ones apparently && no editing in sight!!! :smiley: :smiley:

edit: And just too add when I go to the truckfest in september I am hoping to fill atleast half of my memory card on the camera so that’ll be atleast 500 pictures. :smiley: :smiley: But that’s assuming there’s enough trucks decent enough to get pictures of. :smiley: :smiley:

Cheers

Good pics Jonny,thanks for posting them.I look forward to seeing more.
Cheers Dave.

Cheers for that Dave, I’m going to be going round to a couple local haulage firms with camera in hand this week although wednesday I’m having a day off with it being my 18th birthday, even I have to have a break away from my work sometime as much as I love it. Again I apologize with there not being as many pictures this time and not having any of the classics but I’ll make it up in September with the truckfest. I must say seeing as I’ve not been to one since last years edinburgh truckfest I am looking forward too it and getting prepared already, I’m even getting a spare memory card just incase. :grimacing: :grimacing:

Glad you liked the pics :smiley: :smiley:

Cheers

http://scubasteve93.tumblr.com/ I thought this would be good to put up on here. I have started doing a bit of a ‘photography’ diary, The two diaries I’ve done have been of the last two photo shoots I did, the next diary will probably be the newark truckfest. The pictures are the same with a few exceptions and the first diary was just copied from the first thread (Because I couldn’t be arsed doing a seperate diary, great start I know :laughing: :laughing: ) But the second diary is all different slightly :wink: :wink:

And no ■■■■ taking the link either :laughing: :laughing: I thought it would be good to have a bit of a ‘unique’ link :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Anyway your choice if you check it out!! :smiley: :smiley:

Cheers

I even went one further jonnytruckfest by lying on the floor for this pic of my motor :unamused:
that was the easy bit getting my lardy ar5e back up was the hard part :laughing:
But a good pic in the end :smiley:

A cracking shot that mate, although I didn’t fancy laying down on the day I did this photoshoot :laughing: :laughing: Didn’t fancy looking like I ■■■■■■ myself getting a few pictures :laughing: :laughing:
Didn’t know you were on the flatbeds still I thought you were on the fridges?? :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :smiley:

Cheers

jonnytruckfest:
A cracking shot that mate, although I didn’t fancy laying down on the day I did this photoshoot :laughing: :laughing: Didn’t fancy looking like I ■■■■■■ myself getting a few pictures :laughing: :laughing:
Didn’t know you were on the flatbeds still I thought you were on the fridges?? :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :smiley:

Cheers

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: i parked away from the truck parking to save the â– â– â– â–  problem :laughing:
Trust me it was a one off load and never to be repeated if i have my way :laughing: :laughing:
near killed me sheeting it in southern texas at 30c, i am on dry vans we dont have any fridges at our place thankfully :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: Wouldn’t mind dabbing my hand at flatbed work, seems like fun :smiley: :smiley: Probably not so fun in the ■■■■■■■ rain though :laughing:
Least with the dry vans they won’t be noisy when you’re trying to kip :smiley:

Cheers