My last post

midlifetrucker:
Since returning to driving after a break of owning my own business I joined this forum for info and tips on how the modern truck world works.

I have to admit I have learned some handy tips and had a few laughs but the terrible attitude of a lot of people now saddens and sometimes enrages me.

When I was a wet behind the ears newbie in 1982 other drivers WERE helpful. I don’t remember anyone pushing in in queues. I don’t remember all this overtaking stranding and the lack of comaraderie.

Of course I am going to get accused of rose tinted memory. A truck driver was considered a “knight of the Road”. Now we are considered bullies.

Losing jobs to foreigners. Yep it will happen as accountants control the companies and profit is God BUT with the attitude of some drivers on here and if its indicative of the masses I wouldn’t let them drive my grandsons scooter.

Do a good job, be a bit flexible and have a bit of pride. Essential qualities of a good driver.

I wish you all well but I can’t be ar$ed with the negativity.

I’m out

I agree with everything you have written and by judging by some comments on here you’re right to do so , some would say they’re just having a laugh , taking advantage of an "open joke"some are just knob’s! the sort of chaps for whom we move across into the middle lane to allow there access to the motorway and accelerate away leaving you sat there! But I would urge you not to sign off but hang about , there’s people who do listen to right minded drivers and take on board the experience that they have to offer! There are knobheads in all aspects of life and we mainly choose to ignore them ,or better still have a good laugh at them. Go or stay I wish you the best what ever your choice.

Shame Midlife…you’ll be having a Midlife then…some sort of crisis.Come back when you feel better.

jay0:

DAF95XF:

jay0:
ive been helped out by other drivers on numerous occasions without even asking like when reversing in tight places and my first day I couldn’t get the tailift to work and another driver seen this and came over and got it working so there still is a lot of decent people around you just need to remember that there is some [zb] around unfortunately but there always has been and there always will be.

Was the old nib of a biro pen into it trick was it?

no ive never heard of that one, he said it was just a bit tempermental and required a bit of persistence but I suppose it was my first day so things were bound to go wrong.

If its the type of tail lift which requires a “key” to activate it and you’ve forgotten it ( :blush: ) then you can push the nib of a biro into it to make it work, though obviously you have to jump down to lower it again…

DAF95XF:

jay0:

DAF95XF:

jay0:
ive been helped out by other drivers on numerous occasions without even asking like when reversing in tight places and my first day I couldn’t get the tailift to work and another driver seen this and came over and got it working so there still is a lot of decent people around you just need to remember that there is some [zb] around unfortunately but there always has been and there always will be.

Was the old nib of a biro pen into it trick was it?

no ive never heard of that one, he said it was just a bit tempermental and required a bit of persistence but I suppose it was my first day so things were bound to go wrong.

If its the type of tail lift which requires a “key” to activate it and you’ve forgotten it ( :blush: ) then you can push the nib of a biro into it to make it work, though obviously you have to jump down to lower it again…

ah rite yeah that could come in handy someday as ive driven off a couple of times without remembering to take the key back to the cab and its only been by pure luck that it didn’t fall out.

jay0:
ah rite yeah that could come in handy someday as ive driven off a couple of times without remembering to take the key back to the cab and its only been by pure luck that it didn’t fall out.

I’ve put my tailift key on the same ring as the ignition key to avoid that ,of course it does mean that by the time i’ve tipped and stowed the lift walked to the cab climbed in ,then climbed back out, walked to the back and retrieved the keys i could have had a 15 :grimacing:

martyh:
I treat it like a truck stop or the boozer ,you here some crap ,you here some good stuff and occasionally it all kicks off and then i sit back and watch,

In a nutshell, use it or not no need for the drama.

bazstan009:

martyh:
I treat it like a truck stop or the boozer ,you here some crap ,you here some good stuff and occasionally it all kicks off and then i sit back and watch,

In a nutshell, use it or not no need for the drama.

then what would the Divas do :grimacing:

midlifetrucker:
Since returning to driving after a break of owning my own business I joined this forum for info and tips on how the modern truck world works.

I have to admit I have learned some handy tips and had a few laughs but the terrible attitude of a lot of people now saddens and sometimes enrages me.

When I was a wet behind the ears newbie in 1982 other drivers WERE helpful. I don’t remember anyone pushing in in queues. I don’t remember all this overtaking stranding and the lack of comaraderie.

Of course I am going to get accused of rose tinted memory. A truck driver was considered a “knight of the Road”. Now we are considered bullies.

on your bike mate
you had a good innings

Losing jobs to foreigners. Yep it will happen as accountants control the companies and profit is God BUT with the attitude of some drivers on here and if its indicative of the masses I wouldn’t let them drive my grandsons scooter.

Do a good job, be a bit flexible and have a bit of pride. Essential qualities of a good driver.

I wish you all well but I can’t be ar$ed with the negativity.

I’m out

on your bike mate
you had a good innings

You’re surrendering then? Missed opportunity to argue your corner.

Forums are for discussion by different types of people, it’d be pretty boring if we all agreed & were really nice to each other. If you see poor form, say so. It maybe your input that makes someone think twice about their behaviour.

From time to time we get statements like the one you’ve written, it’s a bit melodramatic if you ask me, post, don’t post…