my journey so far

Well my licence came back today with my prov c entitlement and have booked my theory and hp for the 16th of april at midday feel quite confident of passing that with lots of mock tests and after that ive got 3 training schools eyed up for assesments yayy its comming along just nicely . :smiley:

It will all fall in place and come together, just like the training

Im glad that you are checking out a few training companies, dont just jump at the first one coz he’s got a nice shiny wagon… question you need to ask is whats there pass rate like…

Plus you have you decide if your gonna train on a manual or auto ? Training companies will sell that driving an auto is easier and easier to pass the test, but in the real world your first job might be on a manual… not good if you dont have the experience

warren63:
Well my licence came back today with my prov c entitlement and have booked my theory and hp for the 16th of april at midday feel quite confident of passing that with lots of mock tests and after that ive got 3 training schools eyed up for assesments yayy its comming along just nicely . :smiley:

As you mention, if you do a decent amount of work beforehand you will be fine for the Theory and Haz Perception.
Just done mine and it all worked out.

Only advice I can give is make sure you are able to practice on a few Haz Perception clips where you can review your answer and see where the official scoring bands lie - mainly because it is far too easy to click early and jump the gun. That will score you 0 just the same as clicking far too late or not at all would. You don’t need many of those racking up before you start getting down close to the pass mark.
I have to say though that the ‘new’ CGI style is FAR better than the ‘old’ video style in terms of clarity and ease with which you can spot anything developing.
Just keep your concentration and you’ll be fine.

GL,
Jon

id just like to add for your hazard perception - dont do what i did and purchase an old disc set because it was cheaper. my thoughts were hazard perception is all the same its never changed but the videos were poor quality and i was just barely passing and this worried me. the hazard perception test on the day was wide screen in HD and all the videos were computer animated? a bit like grand theft auto but in england lol. in reality this meant they were much easier!

for your theory test i bought and studied the official dsa book and purchased a 2 pound app for my phone ‘lgv theory test’ - THIS APP WAS CRAP! even in full version it only asked about 10 percent of the questions presented on my test, this app didnt help me at all it lured me into a false sense of security. i still passed anyway through the book revision lol

if your doing mod 2 this is the scary one as there is no revision for it. i wouldnt bother buying the dsa book for module 2 its a waste of time, had no questions and answers. if you revise with the official dsa theory book it covers everything on there. ie - jenny is on a ferry and decides to do her paperwork whilst sat on deck - record on tacho as ‘other work’, john is on his break and his mates egg him on to go to the pub - ‘tell john he shouldnt go to the pub’ it also asked me 4 times how much cpc training you should do over 5 years.

hope this helps :smiley:

samjac68:
id just like to add for your hazard perception - dont do what i did and purchase an old disc set because it was cheaper. my thoughts were hazard perception is all the same its never changed but the videos were poor quality and i was just barely passing and this worried me. the hazard perception test on the day was wide screen in HD and all the videos were computer animated? a bit like grand theft auto but in england lol. in reality this meant they were much easier!

for your theory test i bought and studied the official dsa book and purchased a 2 pound app for my phone ‘lgv theory test’ - THIS APP WAS CRAP! even in full version it only asked about 10 percent of the questions presented on my test, this app didnt help me at all it lured me into a false sense of security. i still passed anyway through the book revision lol

if your doing mod 2 this is the scary one as there is no revision for it. i wouldnt bother buying the dsa book for module 2 its a waste of time, had no questions and answers. if you revise with the official dsa theory book it covers everything on there. ie - jenny is on a ferry and decides to do her paperwork whilst sat on deck - record on tacho as ‘other work’, john is on his break and his mates egg him on to go to the pub - ‘tell john he shouldnt go to the pub’ it also asked me 4 times how much cpc training you should do over 5 years.

hope this helps :smiley:

Thanks mate, just gone and bought DSA book.

Hazard perception isn’t too hard. If you’re an experienced driver (or better yet biker) you’ll breeze it.

Also I would say it’s easier to pass in an auto, but don’t worry about the gears when you have your first job. You might get a straight 5 or 6 on your first job. The very worst could be an slap over or a 4 over 4 (maybe even a 3 over 3). I think it’d be unlikely you’d get a splitter in a rigid.

But anyway, you can figure it all out once you get out the yard!

Didn’t realise they’d started the new CGI style. I did a couple as survey type questions at the end of my Mod 1b. They’re based off the previous videos which were actually filmed I think (the one was exactly like one i’d done on the actual test!).

Whoo hoo passed my theory and hazard perception on to finding assessment drives now yayy . No stopping me now :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Nice one!