My iPad CoPilot mount

Had a fair amount of questions regarding how I mount my ipad which I run CoPilot on. Not sure why people often message me rather than ask on here? Am I a lepor or are people frightened of been ridiculed for the large screen. Anyways I use it daily and love it. It has many advantages but back to the question. I use a double suction cup mount by RAM mounts. I took a couple of pictures of it today for those who are interested. It isn’t ridiculously big as some would think, it doesn’t obstruct my vision in any way. My reversing camera screen isn’t really that much smaller. It sits with no movement and is rock solid. I use my iPad for multiple uses so I don’t need to cart different leads and charging points around. I have two lengths of arm so I can position it down from the wind screen if tight for space. These pics are with it mounted on the short arm.

That will be fitted illegal then .Must not be in window wipe area .

I am surprised that there is not a big crackdown on stuff placed on the windscreen in cars and trucks.

We have a check box on our daily check sheet to confirm we have nothing obscuring the windscreen in our trucks yet people still use windscreen mounts.

Not having a dig but I would not like to be in your shoes in an accident with an iPad stuck to the screen.

When our trucks go for an MOT they zip tie the cameras up before the MOT so it can’t be failed on obscuring the windscreen and they are top dead centre and barely in the wiper sweep area.

For example in my car my dash cam is mostly hidden behind the rear view mirror and I use a bean bag weighted Base for my Sat nav.

Like I say each to their own but I wouldn’t stick stuff to my windscreen anymore it’s just not worth the risk.

I have the longer arm so only the suction mount is on the windscreen, I was in a different truck today and only had my short arm in the bag, it normally sits in front of the shifter.

fingermissing:

Was today for this picture, I don’t actually have it there in normal use. Take your point though.

So you thought you show us how you don’t usually mount it? That’s handy, thanks :wink:

switchlogic:
So you thought you show us how you don’t usually mount it? That’s handy, thanks :wink:

When you put it like that, yes. its the mount I was trying to show more than where it is mounted today. But yes I drove like that today. I once didn’t wear a high viz on a site. I am such a rebel.

UKtramp:
I am such a rebel.

An accurate description.

Rebel Rebel, you’ve torn your dress
Rebel Rebel, your face is a mess
Rebel Rebel, how could they know?
Hot tramp, I lo… never mind.

Btw did your Mother ever figure out what ■■■ you were?

:stuck_out_tongue:

Reef:

UKtramp:
I am such a rebel.

An accurate description.

Rebel Rebel, you’ve torn your dress
Rebel Rebel, your face is a mess
Rebel Rebel, how could they know?
Hot tramp, I lo… never mind.

Btw did your Mother ever figure out what ■■■ you were?

:stuck_out_tongue:

Now that is funny :smiley: :smiley:

fingermissing:

Unless of course it’s a bloody great big AEBS control sensor stuck there! [emoji57][emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you…

Take the top pic whilst driving?

yourhavingalarf:
Did you…

Hard to tell, there’s a bloody great iPad blocking the view! :grimacing:

yourhavingalarf:
Did you…

It’s an iveco, probably broken down.

109LWB:

yourhavingalarf:
Did you…

It’s an iveco, probably broken down.

It was a heap of ■■■■, worse vehicle I have ever driven.

yourhavingalarf:
Did you…

No if you look at the pic can you see any blur, I was sat on the A1 for over an hour not moving due to an accident. I am not a fool.

Personally I just use it on the phone much easier

Never used it on my phone, I may try it, its just I use my ipad as I always have it with me. Do you find the screen size ok?

UKtramp:

yourhavingalarf:
Did you…

No if you look at the pic can you see any blur, I was sat on the A1 for over an hour not moving due to an accident. I am not a fool.

Hmm. You were not moving, in the outside lane? And the nearside lane is clear? When I’ve been stuck in stationary traffic it’s usually bumper to bumper.

And perhaps someone with a better screen resolution than my phone, can see what his sat nav screen says? :sunglasses: :grimacing:

the nodding donkey:

UKtramp:

yourhavingalarf:
Did you…

Hmm. You were not moving, in the outside lane? And the nearside lane is clear? When I’ve been stuck in stationary traffic it’s usually bumper to bumper.

And perhaps someone with a better screen resolution than my phone, can see what his sat nav screen says? :sunglasses: :grimacing:

Yes the inside lane was closed, everyone had moved over to the outside lane which I was in. I shall post another picture to show you.

Inside lane closed, the two vehicles in front could not go any further as no one would let them in, they had ignored the road signs to join the outside lane, the traffic moved at a couple of feet in front of me which was the farthest they got in about half hour of no movement. I was whatsapping a friend who was about to come onto the A1 at the time to let him know not to bother as it was about a 5 mile tailback and I was stuck in it before I heard anything. No way would I use my phone whilst driving.