My introduction

dont know about you guys but i ended up driving a truck because i didnt get a trade (thatcher years yts etc) and even though i was truck mad as a kid after 12 months of working nights falling asleep behind the wheel treated like [zb] poor pay no social life and running bent (when the tacho trace line becomes a full circle…no joke) i started to hate climbing in the cab and hated the job. i was 24 1990 and my introduction to haulage was a baptism of fire but i knew no different i lasted 3 years before going back labouring for even then less hours and more money per hour. but as you all know the driving bug never leaves you and once again i found myself working for this time an owner driver on local class 1 hiab work 12 hour days all legal (or so he told me) easy job you know the speill. that [zb] nearly finished me off worked me to death never happy, unpaid overtime, your breaks taken while on the crane when i left him i had no self confidence whatsoever . 8 months later im unemployed and after a short stint as a postman im back labouring.but the bug hits again (or glutten for punishment) and im back working for various other cowboy outfits and that seems to be that untill 8 years ago i got a job with my current firm and i tell you now i will be a lifer here i pinch myself when i wake up to make sure im not dreaming good pay good hours honest legal firm. when i read other posts of you guys tramping 3/4nights out flitting from job to job i honestly feel for you been there. i would never want my son to become a truck driver i will certainly steer him away from it. we are looked upon as the lowest of the low which is a shame because the amount of [zb] we put up with in our line of work makes us better than many people.

Yes you are right.

leaves thread to jump off forth road bridge

who is it you work for now then?

merc0447:
Yes you are right.

leaves thread to jump off forth road bridge

2…3…Jump!!! Splash ■■?

Sorry guys,only joking! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Oh Dear :astonished:

Merc,

before you go make me a coffee please

Welcome to the Madhouse Override…

You dont have to be Mad but it does help… :smiley:

Hi overdrive,

Glad to have you aboard mate. :smiley:

Whoo-hooo, I’ve beaten ROG again. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :grimacing:

thanks guys good to be aboard think i went mad years ago so should fit in nicely :laughing:
adam mc i would rather not name the company but they are without doubt the best firm i have worked for.

overdrive:
thanks guys good to be aboard think i went mad years ago so should fit in nicely :laughing:
adam mc i would rather not name the company but they are without doubt the best firm i have worked for.

That’s a wise move sorry to say!

Hey fella,
Welcome to Odd World

Yipeee I beat ROG too :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Simon :sunglasses:

welcome mate :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Ok,is nobody in the slightest worried by the lack of ROG so far?
Do you think perhaps the nurse overdosed him on Horlick’s last night.
Shall we ask the government to set up an aid appeal to find one of our last national treasures?

whats rog :confused:

:smiley: indeed where is rog :laughing:

welcome overdrive

dont worry ull soon find out what / who rog is

overdrive:
whats rog :confused:

Dunno mate :wink:

Ok you lot, I’ve waited long enough :laughing:

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome overdrive :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

Forum with some useful stuff and Forum for questions on drivers hours

rrrrrrr thats rog :smiley: pleased to meet you sir its a pleasure im sure :stuck_out_tongue:

overdrive:
rrrrrrr thats rog :smiley: pleased to meet you sir its a pleasure im sure :stuck_out_tongue:

Now you’ve done it, he’ll be expecting us all to call him Sir Rog from now on :grimacing: :grimacing:

Anyways, welcome aboard matey :smiley:

I cannot be called Sir ROG because that would mean that I have been NIGHTED and the nurse (Mrs ROG) does not let me out at NIGHT for fear of frightening the locals :laughing: :laughing:

overdrive:

you aint sat through one of his sermons yet :wink:
he’s a mine of information is our ROG,sadly not one of the mines Thatcher put an end to though :wink:

ps, just kiddin ROG,

ROG:
I cannot be called Sir ROG because that would mean that I have been NIGHTED and the nurse (Mrs ROG) does not let me out at NIGHT for fear of frightening the locals :laughing: :laughing:

It was night when we met at Leicester Forest :grimacing: