My God...

They’ve now started advertising the Royal Mail on the telly, what’s the world coming to?

Didn’t take 'em long to start with the schmaltzy PR. Yuk.

I’ve been driving for a firm that has lorries limited to 52mph (85kph), and I have now passed two Royal Mail Lorries on Motorways, I ■■■■ you not :laughing:

Probably a last pop at trying not to get privatised. Drum up support from people with these adverts and they hope maybe there will be uproar at the proposals. I dunno just a guess.

:
I’ve been driving for a firm that has lorries limited to 52mph (85kph), and I have now passed two Royal Mail Lorries on Motorways, I [zb] you not :laughing:

I have noticed that but have a look though at the reg. I bet it’s due to them being on 13 plates. maybe they had a change of heart and want to look after them this time :smiley:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
Probably a last pop at trying not to get privatised. Drum up support from people with these adverts and they hope maybe there will be uproar at the proposals. I dunno just a guess.

Err they were privatised a few months ago Steve, you been living on the moon? :slight_smile:

Hence the cheesy, vom corporate advertising.

The advert was planned over 6 months ago as staff were asked if they wanted to appear in it.
As for slow trucks, that will probably change as soon as they can get them into the local dealer!

Silver_Surfer:
They’ve now started advertising the Royal Mail on the telly, what’s the world coming to?

Didn’t take 'em long to start with the schmaltzy PR. Yuk.

I think it’s a good thing, competition is tight in the sector and the mail need to hit the ground running the money generated by the flotation will help, a good example of this is Deutsche Post AG which was privatized 13 years ago and now the biggest logistics company in the world (DHL) to you and me.

With good management and shrewd acquisition and investment the Mail could be one hell of a business within the next 10 years all the doom merchants and naysayers will no doubt say otherwise time will tell, I reckon the Mail will be massive or be swallowed up by Deutsche Post. To early to say.

mike68:
I think it’s a good thing, competition is tight in the sector and the mail need to hit the ground running the money generated by the flotation will help, a good example of this is Deutsche Post AG which was privatized 13 years ago and now the biggest logistics company in the world (DHL) to you and me.

If competition is tight in this sector, you can name lots of Co’s delivering mail to my door then?

Who will benefit from the money generated by the float?
Do you think this money is being re-invested in Royal Mail like what happens when a private Company floats■■?

mike68:
With good management and shrewd acquisition and investment the Mail could be one hell of a business within the next 10 years all the doom merchants and naysayers will no doubt say otherwise time will tell, I reckon the Mail will be massive or be swallowed up by Deutsche Post. To early to say.

Lets cut out the bovine manure & get down to the main points. How much will it be costing me to post a simple letter in a few years time?

And now that it’s a PLC, why is my tax £pound still being used to subsidise its pension fund?