My Gast is flabbered

Surely this is a joke? Someone please tell me that this isn’t real.

In that case,I would rather do a different job,security or something.Or a hospital porter.I used to do that job.I loved it,minimum wage,but I loved the job

European operation?
Whilst its a joke to us, to some former eastern european national that might be better than pay if based in his own home country, i get on very well with some ex EE blokes and the money and conditions they tell me is on offer at home is an eye opener.
It won’t appeal to someone established here already but if the non established potential employee can live in the truck and pay no rent heating water or other bills, plus the odd few quid flogging whatever he’s allowed to bring in each crossing, well despite the unfunny wage it can balance itself out in other ways where the net result is better for them despite the low wage.

Its not how things should be, but multiple dishonourable employers have been running their businesses on paying low wages knowing the state (us) will subsidise the company by making up the wages depending on the individuals circumstances.
Last time i looked in a jobcentre many jobs had a note to say this, do not know if this is still the case.

Cause it could be a misprint and its really from £19.

I don’t think it’s a misprint Juddian, after all they are offering a company pension too :imp:

We’ve all encountered Matthews drivers and they are predominantly EE guys, this advert is aimed directly at them living in the Doncaster area. For the record I have absolutely no problem with EE drivers working here, but I believe that they should get exactly the same pay and T’s & C’s as native drivers. Why wouldn’t they?

This is merely a n other example of a cynical employer who doesn’t give a rats ■■■ for his employees who quite frankly would do the world a favour by getting out of this business completely.

That’s less than minimum wage which makes it illegal.

An anecdote to cheer you up Maoster.

My former employer on the cars used to bring in some european transporters during the peak periods when we still had a viable economy (not based on idiotic house prices caused by excessive immigration and flogging each other £5 coffees :unamused: ), now at one time these would have been Dutch French Belgian etc trucks and drivers who would have been on equivalent pay schemes to us.

As time went by the former eastern europe came on the scene and we found a rake of EE wag’ndrags and drivers shipped in, their pay and conditions not matching anywhere near…ah not fast matey, our union convener (now sadly the late) soon put the mockers on that, if you want to use them they’re going to be on our terms and conditions :sunglasses: those lads thought they’d won the pools :laughing:

KNP going up the swannee this week is going to see hundreds of drivers looking for work, is this and that advert a portent of the next stage in the destruction of our country?

The site is just a small compound on an industrial estate with 4-6 trucks, no office, no VMU. Typical battered Mathews tractor units parked up

the maoster:
Surely this is a joke? Someone please tell me that this isn’t real.

Apart from the fact as fingers says it’s illegal , what benefits could you claim ? As I’ve said before I know lads who’d only work 30 hrs a week as it would effect there benefits , others who wouldn’t do o/t when there yearly reassessment of there benefits was due

No mention of a cycle to work scheme either :neutral_face:

grumpybum:
No mention of a cycle to work scheme either :neutral_face:

Or on site parking

According to there website same job is there saying carrying paper rolls salary paid.
I always thought salary paid meant same.pay per week regardless of hours worked.
Yet there also on indeed as original post paid hourly.
Can’t figure that one out

Juddian:
European operation?
Whilst its a joke to us, to some former eastern european national that might be better than pay if based in his own home country, i get on very well with some ex EE blokes and the money and conditions they tell me is on offer at home is an eye opener.
It won’t appeal to someone established here already but if the non established potential employee can live in the truck and pay no rent heating water or other bills, plus the odd few quid flogging whatever he’s allowed to bring in each crossing, well despite the unfunny wage it can balance itself out in other ways where the net result is better for them despite the low wage.

Its not how things should be, but multiple dishonourable employers have been running their businesses on paying low wages knowing the state (us) will subsidise the company by making up the wages depending on the individuals circumstances.
Last time i looked in a jobcentre many jobs had a note to say this, do not know if this is still the case.

Cause it could be a misprint and its really from £19.

Supermarkets have been doing this for years - employing people on poverty wages and let them get top-ups from the government to make a living wage.