My first VOR. A sad tale

Recently I defected a truck for having no working marker lights, in fact one of them was hanging down on its own wire. I informed the traffic office and was told in plain English that if I refuse to take the vehicle out I will never ever get to work there again! And true to their word I haven’t! All this from a company shortlisted to be Haulier Of The Year! Sometimes I wonder why I bother… :unamused:

best thing that ever could have happened mate, stuff 'em - they wont cough up when vosa ask you for a volentry contribution :wink:

i’d imaging that it is a commom thing to happen, is there anyone you can report the company/ there attitude to?

Surely there’s someone you can go to, I wouldn’t know really but I’d guess vosa if no-one else. whoever told you no take, no pay either wants sacking or a few min’s out back with a 3foot length of 4be2 :smiling_imp:

Just tell VOSA and they will gollow it up.

I take it you where working for an agency. If so why did’nt the agency back you up?

If you was working direct with them talk to citizens advice.

Do not let these cowboys bully you!

burnie1:
Just tell VOSA and they will gollow it up.

I take it you where working for an agency. If so why did’nt the agency back you up?

If you was working direct with them talk to citizens advice.

Do not let these cowboys bully you!

The agency get a lot of profitable work of them so were keen to keep them sweet. This happens more than you would think. Even if you are the only driver the agency have placed there because quite often the same agency will have a dozen Polish slaves there on £5.75ph. I once had to be the fall guy for a damaged pallet of goods because the contract was worth £250,000pa to the agency and they didn’t want to admit that their order pickers were crap at loading pallets. Lifes a ■■■■■ for agency drivers sometimes.

Warren, I’ve defected units and trailers in a few places and so far been asked back. You must have had a bad exp, I would report them to VOSA and let them deal with it. Once I refused to take out a wagon since there was no O license displayed, their current one expired a few months ago. The manager tried a number of ways for me to take the wagon out but I refused. Stick to your guns its your license, you won’t get backed up by a shoddy company when the proverbial hits the fan.

You should have asked for it in writing, although I don’t suppose they would have done.