My First Job

Hi guys… i am a new drive looking for abit of advice from all you veterans. I have passed my C 4years ago and passed my C+E in Nov last year, i have now got a job running out of speke for a retailer with orange and blue trucks (i think you know who). I have a night shift tonight at 22.00 and was wondering if you have any tips on driving at night etc…i think i may have a run to lasmehago scotland from what i have seen on a map its near lanark. Oh and some backing up tips…

Turn your lights on and don’t fall asleep. If you’re running to Lesmahagow for B&M presumably you’ll be dropping your trailer at Route 74 truckstop for the Coulthard boys as they use it as a satellite depot. No worries there’s plenty of space if you’re struggling with reversing. You’ll be aiming for the trailer park on the right hand side just after the Tesco entrance.

How did it go then?
If you dont mind me asking are you working via agency…im trying to get a few shifts to get that experience up but only have class2 at the minuite. Im not far from speke so if you have any tips on best places to look id be greatfull.

Cheers