My First Infringement - what did I do

Be grateful if you can have a look at my last weeks driving record as got my first infringement (sent kindly from my agency)

Now I believe that on Sat 15th I put in a manual entry which c*cked it up.

I was double manned on 10th & 12th of October that week only…

I read some infringement posts and most experienced drivers have been saying don’t put manual entries in as 9 times out of 10 it messes it up…

I took a print-of from the tacho but on the header it says No legal printout plus it does not show my driving for the 10th & 12th…

Could you just do a simple thing like this -

Mon 10/10/16 start 0600 finish 1900
etc etc

The infringement is for daily rest not driving time so we need shift times like above

Mon 10th - 0345 - 1745 double manned
Wed 12th - 0400- 1900 double manned
Sat 15th - 0545 - 1400

boltonboy:
Mon 10th - 0345 - 1745 double manned
Wed 12th - 0400- 1900 double manned
Sat 15th - 0545 - 1400

mon 14 hour shift
tue off rest 34 hour = regular daily rest + reduced weekly rest
wed 15 hour shift
thu + fri off 50+ hours = regular daily rest + regular weekly rest
sat 8+ hour shift = regular daily rest

I fail to see where any required daily or weekly rest has not been complied with

You’ve put manually entry in - great!

You did it wrong - not so great!

Your infringement sheet shows a duty time of 59 odd hours for 12/10, because that’s what you told the tachograph you did. Just supply a timesheet with your shift times, and write on the back of some Tacho roll, your mistake, shift times, and sign and date and put your driver number on it. Perhaps paperclip a fiver to all your supporting evidences of your heinous crime…

Seriously this is obviously a rookie error, just chalk it up to experience, and learn from it. The only mistake you made was trying and failing to do it properly!

Don’t sweat it.

Manual entries are a ball bag.

[zb] 'em off.

eagerbeaver:
Manual entries are a ball bag.

[zb] 'em off.

Oooooor you could lead how to do them properly. They are a tool for you to use to your advantage.

Yes, they are easily ■■■■■■ up, but it really doesn’t matter if you do, and you do a written manual entry to explain it.