My first ever fine!

paul261267:
Quinny, my “trailer” was a 7.5 ton rigid.box body. The plate is fixed on the top right of the box at 12’ high…i.e with no real, safe way of reaching it.

I never understood how these trucks and some buses can get through an MOT with the plate up there.

Wheel Nut:

paul261267:
Quinny, my “trailer” was a 7.5 ton rigid.box body. The plate is fixed on the top right of the box at 12’ high…i.e with no real, safe way of reaching it.

I never understood how these trucks and some buses can get through an MOT with the plate up there.

Why on earth wouldn’t they? :confused:

Lucy:

Wheel Nut:

paul261267:

Only because the C&U regs have a lot of stuff about the position of reflectors, lamps, warning signs and measurements. Even the plates have to be within a tolerance using an approved font.

Not saying they cannot go up there but it just seems like a strange omission

Lucy:

Wheel Nut:

paul261267:

Because of the dificulty in keeping them clean/readable

It’s not difficult if you have the right kit…Which brings us neatly full circle… :stuck_out_tongue: