My first day driving and updates to follow

NB: check my signature

Morning every1. It was such a great start to the career.

Went into work, clocked in and handed over the Tacho for download. TM handed me the keys to the an Iveco 7.5T auto. Walk around checks and into the depot for loading. “Change of plan! We gonna use 2CDF then I can just show u Dagenham & Leyton couze that’s what u gonna be doing all night on your own. U will be fine, won’t u? couze am gonna use this for Chelmsford”

Took 3YOO back on the yard, swapped them then started loading leyton only.
Off we go, passed Dagenham, quick demo on Wat to do then off Leyton. Unloaded then back to depot.

“Change of plan! U now gonna go Romford and Honchurch as the other driver got caught up (witnessed an accident somewhere round Romford and had to go give a statement)”.

Loaded Romford and Honchurch. … off on the road, my new toy is rolling good and am loving her!
Dropped both Honchurch and Romford then back to depot.

Filled my toy with diesel and parked her to rest…

Clocked out and am home now having a big fat breakfast and a pint of Samuel Adams, well chafed!

Am getting my time and money’s (which i invested into the Class 2 training) worth…!

I will be back tomorrow for more!!!

That’s the trouble with being in a 7.5tonner,your transport manager will think you can just “nip” anywhere and everywhere lol

ckm1981:
That’s the trouble with being in a 7.5tonner,your transport manager will think you can just “nip” anywhere and everywhere lol

Too right, I was so glad to get off them. Seemed to get all the zig zag routes with TM saying they’re next to each other - yeah right!

Get moved up as soon as you can!

It wont get any better when you progress to class 2 either.

eagerbeaver:
It wont get any better when you progress to class 2 either.

Depends, mine did a lot. Only do maybe 4-5 and a couple of pickups on way back in.

7.5t was usually around 10 and whatever crap they could find on way back in.

More than likely depends on firm but my run is much better on C, like everyone else good and bad days

Hope the chafing isn’t too raw. Try E45 cream on the affected area. :grimacing:

Interesting read! I can’t wait to start my new job tomorrow, couple of episodes of breaking bad and bed to a 7 o clock start :smiley:

Ive just had an episode of breaking wind. Dogs cleared off to his basket with a disgusted look on his face.

Good luck tomorrow pal.

You said that your dog was dead!

That was my spare.

eagerbeaver:
Ive just had an episode of breaking wind. Dogs cleared off to his basket with a disgusted look on his face.

Good luck tomorrow pal.

:laughing: haha I just broke wind laughing! And thanks buddy appreciate it :slight_smile: