My first agency job!

Registered with Horizon Logistics in Sheffield about 2 weeks ago.

Got a phonecall at 0745 this morning to go work for a plumbers merchants in Sheffield driving a ■■■■■■ van doing local deliveries

Tomorrow I’ll be driving a 7.5 ton doing much of the same again. The job is £6 per hour and will give me valuable experience in multi dropping.

Booked my assessment drive at L+T too today, its all set for 11.00am on Saturday morning, so all being well I’ll have some news on my training soon.

Will do a diary of the 7.5 ton job at the end of the week if anyone is interested?

Why not do one, ultimately you’ll be doing the same job in a 7.5 tonner as you would in a bigger one. Delivering stuff.

Use the time like extra practice, you should know roughly what’s needed being a bus man. Just keep a good awareness and keep checking the mirrors.

Good luck.

Why not do one, ultimately you’ll be doing the same job in a 7.5 tonner as you would in a bigger one. Delivering stuff.

Use the time like extra practice, you should know roughly what’s needed being a bus man. Just keep a good awareness and keep checking the mirrors.

Good luck.

Yes, I’d be interested in how the 7.5T work goes. Did you register with more than 1 agency in Sheffield?

Where is L&T based and have you been recommended to them? I’m in Chesterfield and want a good school to do my class 1 with.

Thanks

Thanks for that 8wheels. I have already started typing up the experience in word, I’ll post it on Friday night after the job finishes.

So far though all is going well, as you have already pointed out I know how to drive large vehicles having driven buses for so long, its just the haulage side of driving I need to get on top of.

Stonesman, i registered with 2 agencies in Sheffield, one is Driver Hire in Attercliffe, the other Horizon Logistics who have got me the 7.5 ton job. Its only 6p/h but to gain the experience it will be well worth it.

L+T came recommended by member on here (can’t remember who) they are fairly close to me based in Fitzwilliam, West Yorks. They appear to be a very good outfit and well sorted. They provide the medical, theory test, a thoery book and a free assessment drive for £105.

The actual training weighs in at £895 for Cat C, the same amount for C+E. They also do other training packages if required.

Here’s the link to their website…

hgvtraining.net/

If you have any buddies in the Tayside area of Scotland try Alex McAra for training, You will safe a couple of hundred overall and enjoy driving around the Scottish countryside . he had a VERY good success rate