My FINAL Project - Haulage Industry (Picture heavy!)

Well, I’m going to say a big thankyou to all the members on this forum who have helped me with my final project answering my questions and queries and well I’d like to share with you all some of the hard work I put into this project yesterday. Some of the pictures I have already put up in the R.I.P Foden thread so I’ll try not to re-post them pictures.

I started my photoshoot at Allied Glass in Knottingley, where the transport manager was waiting for me as I got off the bus camera in hand and we had a little chat and then he just let me on my way, or in his words let me ‘click away’ so that’s what I did. I only had this Merc Axor to work with, and it was a rental merc as there other tractor unit was away and the company artic this was covering for was in service so, I thought :unamused: Great not many pictures today, but :open_mouth: :open_mouth: I was soon wrong!!!

As I was taking these pictures my luck turned up and this Scania pulled in and I thought Hoo rah!!! Something a bit better than a merc :laughing: :laughing:

As I took the last picture the other axor turned up but I wern’t in time to get a picture of it entering on site as :laughing: :laughing: I was too busy getting pictures of the scania to notice it but then I heard a sewing machine noise and saw the other truck pull in.

Further into the day, another truck pulled in. A brand new Volvo FH Globe XL My luck was turning up and I was over the moon, I felt like a little kid in a sweet shop as anyone who knows me can tell you I am a truck nut and love anything truck!!! :grimacing: :grimacing:

So as I was just about ready to go as at this point taken about 100 pictures, an old bloke turns up in a green foden and I love fodens, so I got a picture or two and the old boy was very kind and said if I wanted some pictures of the other foden in the yard I can have them, and if I want to take some pictures of the trucks in the workshop I can. Lucky or what!?!? I thought it was only going to be a case of get some pictures and buggar off home but :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Nope Just a lucky day!!!

And I know there has been a thread about these on the professional drivers forum so I thought I would take a picture especially for Rob K :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

When the old guy opened up the workshop my eyes lit up I couldn’t believe my luck!!! 3 Classic fodens in a garage ready for prepping for the bridlington run!! What a day I’m having so far just :open_mouth: :open_mouth: If this was a day to be greatful for this was it!!!

Now I am led to believe that this foden I took a picture of is the only one of its kind in this country so if this is true I would like to know as this would be fantastic for my final project to use!!! :smiley: :smiley:

So about to leave the yard where this old bloke parked his trucks (He has 3 I believe) his son pulled up to the gate in this red scania, another tick to the lucky box and another picture to take!!! :grimacing: :grimacing:

So after this I got on my way to take some final pictures at allied glass to see if there is anything I missed or could get any other ideas in my head for pictures as I often get them last minute :wink: :wink:

The white sewing machine just pulled out and I think he went on his way to the warehouse up the road as the curtains weren’t properly fastened!!

Walking up home I saw two bulk tippers one backing in the other one queing to tip. Unfortunately my camera was doing a dying act on me so didn’t get many pictures of them :cry: :cry:

So I walked home, and got more batteries for the camera and had some lunch before I set off for Plasmor. My second place for a photoshoot and I’ve never known myself to cause such a stir among drivers. But was a big laugh indeed and had numberous conversations with staff and drivers and even talking about the idea I put forward to this company 2 years ago and well. I will show you!!

This driver wanted to be in the picture and rubbed his head brushing up his smile for the picture, was a funny sight and added to the awesome factor of the day :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Something you don’t see often nowwa days!!!

Now the idea I put forward 4 years ago. I went to this company on business, from school getting questions and one of the questions was how long the company had been running. The bloke told me they would have been running 50 years in 2 years time. I asked what they were doing about it, and he said nothing that he knew of. :laughing: :laughing: Instant jack the lad, Oh no you can’t do that, that’s not a way of celebrating a companies 50th anniversary for running. Why don’t you do up one of the old fodens and add some new colours and what not? Well he put my idea forward, 2 years from then…

Now the weather was turning a bit sour but I wern’t bothered as I don’t get too bothered by rain as I never really get cold :grimacing:

I saw this pull round the building and I just had to get a picture of it, the driver gave me a wave as well. :smiley: :smiley:

Now when I looked at this I thought it looked pretty smart,

But when you look closer, you find it has Foden wheel trims on now I know Rob K doesn’t see the point in the mud flaps on the bumper but surely this won’t be a new craze thats coming to light :open_mouth:

Two legends of trucks that are becoming very rare, but not in this company

Now remember me saying about the heavens opening up?? Well they did, and I got some pictures in the pouring rain and I got a bollocking off of the TM because I stood out in it getting pictures still. I did go back into the reception when it started thundering, Don’t fancy being blown away :grimacing: :grimacing:

The weather eased off and I got some more pictures before the heavens turned on me again :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Then my final picture of the day was of the day cab 50th anniversary truck, as I think they did get a fleet of 50th anniversary trucks I am not too sure but who knows!!! :smiley: :smiley:

Well thats your lot. If you want anymore pictures they will be up on my Flickr account in the next week or so. I hope you enjoyed the little diary and the pictures. Any constructive criticism is welcome, any foul remarks you can keep to yourself!!!

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

A quick update on my final project/exam before I go off and have my tea (Sausage mash and beans if anyones wondering :wink: :wink: )

I did my first day today in my exam, and :open_mouth: :open_mouth: I have A LOT of work to do tomorrow!!! But 60% is completed so I am pleased about that one :smiley: :smiley:

Even the examiner was impressed :wink: :wink: So I am pleased with the results so far!!

I have 3 out of the 4 final pieces done, and have bagged myself a very nice comment today from a rather nice looking ooo err colleague at college :laughing: :laughing: and got called a ■■■■■■ by a lad because he’s done sweet F.a :unamused: I just laughed and told him to get gone before I shoved his sketchbook where the sun will never shine …He got the message :laughing: :laughing:

I will get pictures of the final final products tomorrow so,

Be sure to look for them :grimacing: :grimacing:

Cheers

jonnytruckfest:
A quick update on my final project/exam before I go off and have my tea (Sausage mash and beans if anyones wondering :wink: :wink: )

I did my first day today in my exam, and :open_mouth: :open_mouth: I have A LOT of work to do tomorrow!!! But 60% is completed so I am pleased about that one :smiley: :smiley:

Even the examiner was impressed :wink: :wink: So I am pleased with the results so far!!

I have 3 out of the 4 final pieces done, and have bagged myself a very nice comment today from a rather nice looking ooo err colleague at college :laughing: :laughing: and got called a ■■■■■■ by a lad because he’s done sweet F.a :unamused: I just laughed and told him to get gone before I shoved his sketchbook where the sun will never shine …He got the message :laughing: :laughing:

Cheers

Rob K:

jonnytruckfest:

Cheers

:laughing: :laughing: Plenty of pictures just not the ones you’re after :wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

You would have a ■■■■■■■■■ at some of the places round by me mate, can think of at least 3 places within walking distance that not only operate interesting fleets but also restore/ maintain/ parade classic workhorses from yesteryear,
My mate is married into the one business, can get some pics if you really want

good post that,nice to see real hauliers.a dying breed well worth preserving on film. :smiley:

mikey-t:
You would have a ■■■■■■■■■ at some of the places round by me mate, can think of at least 3 places within walking distance that not only operate interesting fleets but also restore/ maintain/ parade classic workhorses from yesteryear,
My mate is married into the one business, can get some pics if you really want

That would be cool to see some pictures of the hauliers round where you are. The day I got these pictures I thought was the best day i’ve had in years, took ages to wipe the smile off my face ( I turned up to college the next day you can see my problem :laughing: :laughing: )

I’ve got akworth steamshow in July so I will be getting some pictures there and be able to say a hello to the bloke who let me get the pictures in the first place :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

wrecktech100:
good post that,nice to see real hauliers.a dying breed well worth preserving on film. :smiley:

I’m glad you liked the pictures mate, I think I’m going to be getting round a bit more getting pictures of other fleets and other vehicles. It’s shocking to see the local firms I thought would bite my head off actually jumped at the chance at helping me everyway they could even after it ■■■■■■ it down they gave me a free towel to dry off even though I got drenched even more half an hour later walking home (Live up the road from Plasmor so thats handy!!)

I’ll post more in the next couple weeks as I’m going back upto the old boys yard to get some pictures of the trucks being cleaned and the trucks in action hopefully!!! Soon see!!!

Cheers

Rob K why do you think he put them on the photo forum: :unamused: :unamused: Give the lad some credit :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Good post Jonny.

Stanfield:

Rob K why do you think he put them on the photo forum: :unamused: :unamused: Give the lad some credit :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Good post Jonny.

I just think he wants to see the talent at my college, :laughing: :laughing: If he wants to see the talent just go through pontefract passing the park at around 4pm :wink: :wink: :wink: PLENTY of eye candy :smiley: :smiley: :wink:

Sick of college at the minute, I’ve been sent home today due to chest problems :laughing: :laughing: Typical :unamused:

Glad you liked the post!!! I’ll be sure to get some more pictures soon :grimacing: :grimacing:

Cheers

jonnytruckfest:
Sick of college at the minute.

I’ve been sent home today due to chest problems :laughing: :laughing: Typical :unamused:

Cheers

let me guess, you are spoilt for choice and cant stop squeezing em.

jessicas dad:

jonnytruckfest:
Sick of college at the minute.

I’ve been sent home today due to chest problems :laughing: :laughing: Typical :unamused:

Cheers

let me guess, you are spoilt for choice and cant stop squeezing em.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I wish :laughing: :laughing:

No, I got sent away from college yesterday because I have been developing stabbing pains to my chest. They wanted me to go to hospital, I told them to ■■■■ off and instead my mum took me home and I had a long nap (1pm - 7 am this morning :open_mouth: :open_mouth: )

I couldn’t go to my first lesson this morning without the teacher taking me outside to ask if I was okay. I just told her considering i’m there I am okay. :unamused: :unamused:

I’ll explain more in another thread. This is about my pictures, not my health.

Cheers

Johny did you notice on one otf the vintage fodens that the number plate last three letters was ERF

OTS:
Johny did you notice on one otf the vintage fodens that the number plate last three letters was ERF

Yes I did, that was the first thing I noticed about it :smiley: :smiley:

I’m getting more pictures of them in a couple of weeks when they are all clean and tidy :smiley: :smiley: Was nice to get the invite to be honest. So the least I can do is take some pictures down and hand them over :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Cheers