My Experience so far...

As some of you already know i passed my Cat C :slight_smile: last Tuesday 19th July 08, spent the wed & Thur calling agencies and i actually visited one in Romford. I also visiting all the industrial estates around Romford & Dagenham. Whilst out and about Thursday i got a call from the agency in Romford :slight_smile: They had some work for me for Friday, :stuck_out_tongue: Wahoo £12 Hr :slight_smile:, Told them i didnt have a digi tacho card it was still in the post, (government agencies hey), they said no problem, Got to the firm on friday for 07:30 to have a snout around as i didn’t have to be there till 08:00 :wink:, As well as New lorries with Digi Taco’s they have several trucks with old analogue too,The job was running out delivering Heavy Plant and picking Plant up, some south of the Thames some over my side in Essex, did 4 runs all day, did nine hours total with about 5 hours total driving. At the end of the day they were unsure if they needed me for this week :frowning: so i sat at home this morning calling more agencies. Lunch time i got a call from the agency who i worked for Friday, the company want me back for the rest of this week plus it could possibly be on going :slight_smile:, Looks like i am going to be busy…:slight_smile:

Hi Rocketman, That’s great news mate. :smiley:

Looks like you’ve landed on your feet with the plant firm, they might even want you full-time in the end. :grimacing:

Good luck. :smiley:

Hi " dieseldave " Thank you and thanks to all the other posters on this forum for all the encouragement and advice, Grrrrrrrreat Forum and yep there is a hint of a full time post :slight_smile: fingers crossed hey.

Well done and keep us informed as I have added this link to my list for other newbies to look at when they pass their test - it gives hope to those that may be struggling to find their first foot on the LGV job ladder :smiley: :smiley:

well done mate, at last some good news about job opportunities instead of the doom and gloom of redundancies and companies folding.

best of luck for your driving mate and fingers crossed for the permanent job, just try to keep them happy and report anything that you think might need reporting (knocks, incidents and so on) they will appreciate your honesty.

keep smiling mate youre on a roll

Fantastic news, well done. :smiley: :smiley:
Sounds like you really worked for it as well. :smiley:

Well Done ‘Rocketman’, You must have shown that you were up to the job and did did the job right, they wouldn’t be asking for you back otherwise :smiley:
It’s always been hard to get that first start as I’m sure everyone on here will tell you but once you have done "the worlds yer oyster"
Keep us in touch with how things work out.
Regards
Dave Penn;

Try Hewden at Dagenham, they seem to always want a driver.

Having subbed for them I’m not surprised but the guys in the yard are good blokes and are helpful which makes a big difference. Who were you working for?