My ex military stuff

thought it about time i posted a few piccies

have a few urals and zils and star 660’s and a foden and a few other machines…love the old military stuff

Thats a nice collection you have there ! :smiley:

got a few more, am building myself a nice collection of toys to play with, the Foden flat bed, ( not pictured) with eagle 340 bhp engine is going to be getting an auto box off so i can have a bit more relaxation when hauling the two stalwarts about…The Leyland Daf is a beauty and with the 350 eagle engine really strong…but i have a lof of russian stuff and Polish…a lot of fun to be honest…

The biggest problem i have is keeping them all in tip top condition, am after a permanent fitter to work on them, he needs to have military truck history preferably and be able to do everything from welding to sowing…a bit of digger driving and farming would help too…

paulob1:
got a few more, am building myself a nice collection of toys to play with, the Foden flat bed, ( not pictured) with eagle 340 bhp engine is going to be getting an auto box off so i can have a bit more relaxation when hauling the two stalwarts about…The Leyland Daf is a beauty and with the 350 eagle engine really strong…but i have a lof of russian stuff and Polish…a lot of fun to be honest…

The biggest problem i have is keeping them all in tip top condition, am after a permanent fitter to work on them, he needs to have military truck history preferably and be able to do everything from welding to sowing…a bit of digger driving and farming would help too…

Did you buy the leyland drops from dave crouch ? that used to belong to my brother

yes i did, I was collecting it on Saturday but it has a problem with its fuel supply, its either the fuel lift pump or a leak in the system. they have cleaned it all out but when i collected it on saturday, it fired up first click but after ten minutes tops it cut out dead as a door nail, wouldnt start again, not at all…very suspect…

anyway Dave said he would fix it and deliver it to me at his cost…not a bad deal I think although I was looking forward to running the old girl…tell me more about your brothers ownership if you can…any history I can get would be excellent…

I like the Stolly - used to drive these in the RE in germany
Was involved when two muppets tried to swim the channel lol
Got to the Belgian border painted it blue - swam halfway over realised their fuel was low so turned around and came back -
pity
If they had used half a brain they would have realised it had a POD cage in the back full of Petrol -
Go to Jail and do not pass go

• i do beleive one of them got a Job with Stalwart though after he served his time
    cheers
    Steve

paulob1:
yes i did, I was collecting it on Saturday but it has a problem with its fuel supply, its either the fuel lift pump or a leak in the system. they have cleaned it all out but when i collected it on saturday, it fired up first click but after ten minutes tops it cut out dead as a door nail, wouldnt start again, not at all…very suspect…

anyway Dave said he would fix it and deliver it to me at his cost…not a bad deal I think although I was looking forward to running the old girl…tell me more about your brothers ownership if you can…any history I can get would be excellent…

My brother bought three drops from dave about a year ago two dafs and one foden your drops was the best one of the three it was missing the transfer box and propshafts but came with a brand new transfer box on a pallet then we found all the propshafts in the side toolbox we refitted everything and did a few cosmetic bits to the cab interior it still needs a right hand side grab handle to climb in the cab but this cannot be hard to find .we went to dorset steam fair with it and it performed very well it loaded and carried my scammell pioneer sv/2s around the heavy haulage arena and also double headed the scammell contractor on the big trailer without any problems. we did not have any trouble like you describe with the fuel system hope its an easy fix . the only reason my brother sold it back to dave was in px for a foden recovery .
cheers ben (tarmactrader )

re paulob1 Hi this is my first post on this site joined a while ago but just got some free time. I worked on drops vehicles for seven years and the fuel problem you describe sounds like a coomon one for the drops. On the fuel line from the tank to engine there are lenghts of plastic fuel pipe with push in connectors on them. As they are on the ■■■■ side of the fuel pump they ■■■■ air in ,instead of leaking fuel as would happen on the other side of the pump. We used to hve to change these push / pull connectors on a reguler basis . Hope this helps.

tarmactrader:

paulob1:

My brother bought three drops from dave about a year ago two dafs and one foden your drops was the best one of the three it was missing the transfer box and propshafts but came with a brand new transfer box on a pallet then we found all the propshafts in the side toolbox we refitted everything and did a few cosmetic bits to the cab interior it still needs a right hand side grab handle to climb in the cab but this cannot be hard to find .we went to dorset steam fair with it and it performed very well it loaded and carried my scammell pioneer sv/2s around the heavy haulage arena and also double headed the scammell contractor on the big trailer without any problems. we did not have any trouble like you describe with the fuel system hope its an easy fix . the only reason my brother sold it back to dave was in px for a foden recovery .
cheers ben (tarmactrader )

Fantastic, this is exactly what I had been told, thank you for this…I if I can get a Foden Drops, a Foden wrecker and a DUKW next year and I will be a happy man…

Mark.D:
re paulob1 Hi this is my first post on this site joined a while ago but just got some free time. I worked on drops vehicles for seven years and the fuel problem you describe sounds like a coomon one for the drops. On the fuel line from the tank to engine there are lenghts of plastic fuel pipe with push in connectors on them. As they are on the ■■■■ side of the fuel pump they ■■■■ air in ,instead of leaking fuel as would happen on the other side of the pump. We used to hve to change these push / pull connectors on a reguler basis . Hope this helps.

This most definitely does help…I will investigate them and consider removing all the joints for a single line…

Any ex Military guys are always welcome to come down and have a little play with my toys, I like to hear about ex users…my stalwarts are off to Sammys in norfolk tomorrow, subject to my Foden being fixed, air brake cylinders being done and the whole air system being cleaned out…, plus my new trailer has a sticking brake and that is being sorted too…anyway I am taking the two stollys to him, one is getting a new engine, the other is going to be converted into an off roader…for pure playtime…

I am then collecting a green Goddess (withams) and another Zil 131(swapping it with my hydraulic 8x8 argo cat, thing) on Thursday…hopefully anyway…too much to do and no time to do it…

glad to help, hope it sorts your problem out, i would put money on it . :smiley: