My Dream Motorcycle

Hopefully getting when I pass my cat C.
Have a 1150gs at the moment. So gotta go through the BS of scrubbing that to death so I can sell it.
I love these things, built like tanks and are frigging massive. Obvious downside though is they are ■■■■ heavy lol. The picture doesn’t make it look that big but you really need to stand next to it to really fun how big and heavy these are.

My dad made the mistake of reversing into my bike with, ironically my transit… Had to get a new door for my transit.

So, any bikers here, if so what bike have you got?

Triumphtrophy

Tight fit in my drive hence the turntable,plus it’s a very heavy bike.

After what is now pushing nearly 4 years abstinence (had my right foot screwed back together), the call of the wild is back with a vengeance. Presently replacing all my leathers, boots, gloves, lid etc after my lovely ex ditched my kit while i was away in Bulgaria (bless her).
Recently been mulling over this beast - the new MV F3 800. Just love the AMG livery, but i think there`s only 250 up for grabs.

It isnt particularly user friendly in the lower rev range, and the fuelling, although much improved, is still not at all town traffic friendly. It should really have a steering damper, as it can get a bit twitchy having a pretty short wheelbase (it is a supersport after all). Electronic throttle has its minor foibles too. Nothing catastrophic, but a bit annoying. ■■■■■■ gorgeous, but too track orientated really.

So, i`m obsessing over this now…

2015 Triumph Daytona 675R.jpg

Altogether a more usable all-round package. It must have a good two or three grands worth of ohlins/brembo goodies on it, plus a neat quickshifter, so i reckon its a helluva lot of quality machinery for the price tag. Being around 10 and a half stone wet through, i like the middleweights - i think the litre machines are more suited to the bigger guys really, but thats just my personal take on it. Also, this beautys nearly 3 grand less than the MV.

Won`t be long now - just gotta stop umming and ahhing.

Can’t fault your taste ■■■■■■■. My only advice would be DO IT! It’s far easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission! :smiley:

This RG500 isn’t mine, but I’d gladly part ex my firstborn to make it mine…

I don’t think I could handle a supersports bike. They just have way too much power.
Well I probably could but I am not the most sensible driver when you give him a something like that, I’d be dead within the week.

I’m best sticking to the big old heavy bikes :smiley:

adam277:
I don’t think I could handle a supersports bike. They just have way too much power.
Well I probably could but I am not the most sensible driver when you give him a something like that, I’d be dead within the week.

When I used to instruct on trackdays I used to tell the students that the throttle works both ways and for them never to ride faster than they were comfortable with and never allow themselves to be goaded by quicker riders.

Sometimes I took my own advice…

And other times I didn’t :blush:

There’s a pattern emerging!

And again…

image.jpeg

IMG_0245.JPG

IMG_0256.JPG

I could say that the bottom two were at Phillip Island but I’d be lying!

adam277:

Exactly the same :smiley:

Good frames there my man. (well, not “good”, but y`know)
Were these taken in a “burst” mode on a camera, or cropped out of video?

…or neither. :question:

Definitely not from a video mate. They were all taken by the pro photographers who frequent race tracks, so I’m assuming they would be part of a burst. Strangely, none of those crashes injured me, most of my serious injuries came from innocuous looking minor spills.

If you’ll excuse my only contribution to this thread as this… :laughing:

Instead of an expensive turntable, slap some engine oil between a couple of metal serving trays/pub beer trays. Job done :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

I’d love a bike. How much for Direct Access all in now??

bazza123:

Instead of an expensive turntable, slap some engine oil between a couple of metal serving trays/pub beer trays. Job done :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

My inexpensive turntable, worth every penny .

bobbya:

bazza123:

My inexpensive turntable, worth every penny .

Just Google Direct Access see what your local firms charge,go for it.

I got through my direct access for £500 including theory and hazard perception.
I think that’s reasonable.

Scott88:
I got through my direct access for £500 including theory and hazard perception.
I think that’s reasonable.

I agree it’s fairly reasonable.

Whether she who must be obeyed agrees however… :neutral_face: :laughing: :laughing:

Better to ask forgiveness than for permission.

(Clause - this may have ended up with me also shelling out for her new car as well as my bike)

I’d really like a Harley Fat Boy ideally. I know I know Harley’s are cliched but I don’t care, the solid wheels etc do it for me. Only for nice summer days though.

I’ve been on the back of a mate’s Blackbird and even 140mph felt mind blowing :laughing: I was literally just holding on for grim death and hoping no one pulled out in front lol. The acceleration was phenomenal

A couple more exquisite sculptures…

MV Agusta F3.jpg

Paint job works for me. Or, if you`ve got 80k stashed away…

Suter MMX 500.jpg

the Suter might suit you (sir). Swiss precision built. 580cc 2 stroke. weighs in around the 130 kilo mark. 195 horsies. Trick as f**k.

Good old Ian Lougher`s taking this new kid round the mountain this year, so an interesting tt again.

Christ ■■■■■■■ I bet she goes?! ^^^^

Hell of a risk of seizing/going pop with a two stroke isn’t there?