My day Yesterday!

It started off ok till i got to France. I ventured off the motorway at Transmarck to get my self a few items from the nearby cash and carry.
When i was parked a Gendamerie vehicle pulled in and a big fat cheese eatin surrender monkey started waliking towards me here goes the conversation…

Me " Bonjour"
Police “…” " you have a big problem "
Me " whats that then"
police " You did not stop at the stop sign…!"
Me " what stop sign "
Police " On exit"
Me " is there a stop sign "
Police “Yes”

He then shows me a book. Just at the end of his huge sausage finger
it said " You must pay €90 "

Me " you are ■■■■■■■ joking !"
Police " Non"

I only had €80 on me but luckily enough my mate was with me and lent me the other 10.

That was my first ever fine while driving in europe in 6 years!

I sent a text to Coffeholic and his reply was PMSL! Cheeky sod !
He then pointed out to me later that that police ./ Cheese eating etc must of liked me because i was driving on a national road dring Bastille day so €90 was a let off !!

Any way i drive to our new destination in Germany … Ratingen

I am told to go on bay 3 …and after about 1 hour this happened

The driver of the fork lift was ok !
I have to mention this incident has nothing to do with me before you all start !

Any way in typical German fashion they did this …

Then this…
Photobucket

Then finally this

I like your discription of the gendamerie :laughing:

Before Neil gets home and joins in, I shall point this out. :smiley:
France and Fines :wink:

But then to stick up for you. I will agree with this.

Wheel Nut:

It looks like someone some day soon will come a cropper with a bridge plate like that :open_mouth:

Im never sure about these loose plates, they are very common in France, some are just a plate that they lay across the gap.

Thanks wheelnut.
I didn’t “create” when they nicked me . i knew what i had done but i was trying to worm my way out of it like any other driver ! :blush: :blush:

I suppose its like someone hitting you over the head with a hammer do you want them to slow down or stop …

I hope you can see my analogy

jimboy124:
Thanks wheelnut.
I didn’t “create” when they nicked me . i knew what i had done but i was trying to worm my way out of it like any other driver ! :blush: :blush:

I suppose its like someone hitting you over the head with a hammer do you want them to slow down or stop …

I hope you can see my analogy

I was only joking, you know Mr Hobbs will get months of fun out of this :laughing:

I know he will ! lol :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I once got locked up on the German/Austrian border…too much diesel (I had 300 litres when the limit was 200). I tried to worm my way out of that one too, but the cop had a gun and I was a 10 stone 22 year old…I even tried the old “but I only have travellers cheques” routine, but he just pointed at the bureau de change at the border post. The git threatened to put me in jail if I didn’t pay up…[zb]! That was in 1989. :laughing:

Sorry. L.

Shrek:
I once got locked up on the German/Austrian border…too much diesel (I had 300 litres when the limit was 200). I tried to worm my way out of that one too, but the cop had a gun and I was a 10 stone 22 year old…I even tried the old “but I only have travellers cheques” routine, but he just pointed at the bureau de change at the border post. The git threatened to put me in jail if I didn’t pay up…[zb]! That was in 1989. :laughing:

I got nicked in Suben for no Austrian permit and was held for 2 days until DHL arrived with an original genehmigung. The guy who nicked me brought me a crusty cheese sandwich out every time he drove past. My boss had spoke to his boss and actually admitted it was their fault and not mine. No fine on this occasion,

ellies dad:
I like your discription of the gendamerie :laughing:

Groundskeeper Willie from The Simpsons…

looks like a simple reason for the incident. The bridge is only just reaching to the trailer bed, when the weight of the fork truck is at the rear of trailer/front edge of bridge, back end of trailer goes down therefor increasing the distance between dock n’ trailer. (Its no longer a straight line, but a “V” so rhen the bridge don’t reach no more.

Driveroneuk:
looks like a simple reason for the incident. The bridge is only just reaching to the trailer bed, when the weight of the fork truck is at the rear of trailer/front edge of bridge, back end of trailer goes down therefor increasing the distance between dock n’ trailer. (Its no longer a straight line, but a “V” so rhen the bridge don’t reach no more.

Generally they dont look man enough for a forktruck to cross, the problem you normally find is the height of the warehouse doors or the canopy. So they use these sliding plates to bridge the gap.

We have one drop where we must put bottle screws under the chassis and exhaust the air suspension, as well as that we chain the trailer to the plate and chock the unit wheels, although that is for reels of paper that weigh up to 2500kg and the stacker probably weighs 12 tonne

jimboy124:
I know he will ! lol :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

He decided he would get you back for this. :wink:

Coffeeholic on an Escalator :laughing:

Shrek:
I once got locked up on the German/Austrian border…too much diesel (I had 300 litres when the limit was 200). I tried to worm my way out of that one too, but the cop had a gun and I was a 10 stone 22 year old…I even tried the old “but I only have travellers cheques” routine, but he just pointed at the bureau de change at the border post. The git threatened to put me in jail if I didn’t pay up…t**t! That was in 1989. :laughing:

Does Austria still have that fuel limit?