My Dads new truck

Hi everyone and happy new year to you all.
I thought i would post a few pictures of my dads new truck which he picked up on 23/12/05 from Keltruck.
What a cracking truck it is,though i don’t think you Scania haters are not going to like it !haha.

Bye everyone.

hey jase, i worked for mcl for a while, the very wekk they changed from midtrans, drove a globe for them in 04 just before i had an heart attack. i was told recently that they had finished, im glad to see that was a lie! :smiley: is jim still running the show, and is neil still in the office there?

As far as i know,Jim owns the company now as Neil has left to pursue other interests.They seem to be doing well at the moment.

yes, jim owned the company then, and neil was just helping out at the time. well, im glad theyre doing ok.

Nice Truck :smiley:

BARRRRRRRR HUMBUG, :wink: , very nice indeed,

Nice motor Jase. Thanks for the photos. I’ll keep a look out on the roads for him.

Calv

beauty truck i love the scanias although people seem to love them or hate them and im definatly in the love them bracket although

they still dont come anyway near a daf

:wink: :wink: :wink:

jessicas dad:
beauty truck i love the scanias although people seem to love them or hate them and im definatly in the love them bracket although

they still dont come anyway near a daf

:wink: :wink: :wink:

Ive been in a 3 series artic, and spent a week away in a P reg Scania 4 series P cab, but nowt compares to a DAF!!! (hence my user :wink: )
Best one of ever ridden in is a DAF XF :laughing: :laughing:

jess’s dad, it does look a treat, that topliner, the styling is bold. i only dislike the 4 series scanny’s to be fair for there total lack of room in the drivers footwell, i could not get comfy. ive drove a topliner, and a 95 xf spacecab, give me the daf all days of the wekk, the comfort of the daf cannot be beat imho, oh, and the fh12 i think is also crap compered to the daf!

Very nice that new Scania R470 6x2… :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

One of the main selling points of the new R-Series I’am informed is the fuel saving and also an all round improvement from the later 4-Series models… :wink: :wink:

I work for Scania Road Trucks (NI) and we have just received and order for ten new R470 Topline Luxury models with low chassis, all bought by Mulgrew Haulage (Dromore, County Down)… :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Cheers for now… :wink: :sunglasses: :wink:

Mal:
jess’s dad, it does look a treat, that topliner, the styling is bold. i only dislike the 4 series scanny’s to be fair for there total lack of room in the drivers footwell, i could not get comfy. ive drove a topliner, and a 95 xf spacecab, give me the daf all days of the wekk, the comfort of the daf cannot be beat imho, oh, and the fh12 i think is also crap compered to the daf!

yes i agree with you the only complaint i have is the drivers footwell BUT on the older r series i was happy with the footwell and it is definatley the problem of the new model and as for people going on about storage space how much do people actually need.
i used to have a super space cab and a normal xf and i couldn fill them when i left that job i was surprised by the amount of junk i had.

the most storage space ive ever had was the
iveco eurostar, i was trying to invent stuff the fill the lockers! :laughing:

nice truck that jase.mal yor right about the eurostar what makes em even better for living in is if ya take the boxes off of the engine cover .av ya still got some photos of the one you used to drive

yes carl, ive got a couple here, you can see the seddon lurking to the left on the one :wink: the seddon to the rights a 4 whheler made from a tractor unit!

cheers mate :laughing: do ya know if he,s still got it on the road

the last thing i heard carl was it was doing europe, and the atki was still on the boxes, i also heard the star was stood as the jockey wernt too impressive!! but it wernt tha man hisself which told me, so i take it all with a pinch of salt!

nice scanny m8 !

get a top bar on er ! :smiley: :smiley:

Nice truck Jase, bet your dad is well happy. I love the R-series, think its great, much better then the 4.
Keep em coming :slight_smile: :sunglasses: :slight_smile:

Lovely looking truck. But why did they not paint the plastic around the headlights / steps &mud wings in the same blue . Did they run out of paint?