My dads new motor at work

this is his old fh globby now hes got the fm globby bit of a downsive from the fh but oh well lol.

The old FH looks just as tidy as the new FM, seems a shame to change but still its nice to get a new motor :smiley:

never complain about aquireing a new wagon.a few years back you kept the old ones until they ran into the ground then you were given a new secondhand one :slight_smile:

yeh the fh was tidy they was on a 4 year contract on them with volvo dealer, shame theyve gone to the fms 10k cheaper they recon

how come its fitted with the new shape visor an headboard but old shape lights??

dont know you see a few like that :confused:

mark h:
how come its fitted with the new shape visor an headboard but old shape lights??

The lights have not changed on the new FM, only on the FH.

8 legger:

mark h:

i never knew that :slight_smile:

8 legger:

mark h:

every day is a school day !!

They both look well kept, i could’nt bare another FM personally…too low down to the road. Is the inside of the new model any different?

ellies dad:
They both look well kept, i could’nt bare another FM personally…too low down to the road. Is the inside of the new model any different?

The dash is baically the same with some changes to make it more driver friendly, nothing major though.

The new dash

Pinched off the volvo website

pull like a train though weve got 7 of these nah theyve got the 480 engines with the i-shift, the old fhs was 460s like ano what you meen they are low down to the road like

lgamston:
pull like a train though weve got 7 of these nah theyve got the 480 engines with the i-shift, the old fhs was 460s like ano what you meen they are low down to the road like

I drove 460’s and 500’s never a 480.Do the 480’s go much better than the 460’s? they where a good goer.

ellies dad:

lgamston:

I drove 460’s and 500’s never a 480.Do the 480’s go much better than the 460’s? they where a good goer.

yeh they pull just that little bit better on hills

lgamston:

can someone explain what and how this i-shift gearbox operates