My cab wobbles!

As mentioned before I’m new to artic driving and I’ve only driven 1 unit since I started. My whole cab wobbles every so often but only when I have a trailer on, it comes and goes and only at speed’s of 50+ and The more weight on the trailer the worse the wobble, it’s not on the stearing wheel either and the tyres are fine. I’ve mentioned it to our garage and they said moving the 5th wheel usually sorts these problems out but it hasn’t, It’s really anoying and even spills my coffee it’s that bad :exclamation:
Has anyone els had this problem and/or has any ideas what it could be and how to put it rite :question:

Is there any grease on the fifth wheel?

try keep her out the tram lines!! :wink: :wink:

Wheel Nut:
Is there any grease on the fifth wheel?

Yep loads of grease on fifth wheel and it’s the same on all road surfaces even the one’s with no tram lines

if its an actros, get used to it :smiley:

londonerupnorth:
it comes and goes and only at speed’s of 50+

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

205:

No,if it’s a MAN/ERF get used to it!

52 & 54 reg Volvo’s were known to have that problem. Sounds odd, but it was actually a software problem :unamused:

Is it a DAF?

it may be his food he brings with him

bestbooties:

205:

No,if it’s a MAN/ERF get used to it!

My old ERF hardly ever wobbled :laughing: Pulled like a train, but hardly ever wobbled :laughing:
‘Crazytrucker’

Had this on an XF 6-legger.Turned out it was the cross-member where the prop shaft centre bearing is mounted that had fractured.Believe it also happens on CF’s.

mike68:
Is it a DAF?

No, It’s a Iveco stralis. 03 plate, pile of crap! :frowning:

IVECO
It
Vibrates
Everything
Comes
Off

I was driving a CF with a very heavy double deck trailer on the back up the M1 a while back. It’s probably the only time that unit pulled 44t which was why I only noticed it then. It was quite worrying actually, as the vehicle hit bumps and tramlines, the trailer and cab seemed to osscilate with each other. The feeling from the drivers seat was more of a back-and-forth juddering.