My C+E training

Hello people I thought I would post this up and hopefully garner useful information.

I have my C+E training starting Monday with Peter Smythe transport training.
Im very nervous and all your advice has been invaluable. Im currently sorting all my gear out that I am taking as I live in Plymouth Devon and will be making use of the B&B that was made available.

Ive given the car a once over and given it a good clean and am ready.

Once up there I will be scouting the area out so hopefully will not have nasty surprises.

I am going to be doing my training with Chris in the orange Iveco.

Anyway I will try to keep this thread updated.

Heres my car all clean and filled with unleaded( A long run will do it good and it normally gets 40mpg on a long run which isnt bad for 2.5 v6)

Thanks all for your help and I hope I can get a pass on Thursday
Regards Thomas

Good luck with it all mate I’m sure you will be fine going off what I have read about there standard of training. I’m the same if I’m going on a long run I clean the car inside out only trouble is I have 2 step kids that like to eat sweets and throw crumbs every where lol.

Baldy91:
Good luck with it all mate I’m sure you will be fine going off what I have read about there standard of training. I’m the same if I’m going on a long run I clean the car inside out only trouble is I have 2 step kids that like to eat sweets and throw crumbs every where lol.

Thankyou I have just arrived. The car always seems better when it’s clean.
I know it’s just the same but it just seems to

All the very best with your training and test.

Once up there I will be scouting the area out so hopefully will not have nasty surprises.

Just a suggestion if you want a head start. Follow the main road from Sutton in Ashfield to Mansfield. Continue to the T junction (bowling alley on right). Turn right at the T junction. Turn left at 2nd lights. (Burger King on right). This left turn is the toughest junction on our test routes.

You will see the junction more than once in the next few days, but forewarned may be forearmed!

Once again, all the best with it.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:

Just a suggestion if you want a head start. Follow the main road from Sutton in Ashfield to Mansfield. Continue to the T junction (bowling alley on right). Turn right at the T junction. Turn left at 2nd lights. (Burger King on right). This left turn is the toughest junction on our test routes.

You will see the junction more than once in the next few days, but forewarned may be forearmed!

Is that from the A60 onto Portland Street Pete?

Just looking on Google maps and looks very tight there

Thanks

Kev

I stayed at the Central two weeks ago real nice people there, just be careful driving out of there that junction with the traffic lights can be naughty people bomb through. Plenty of places nearby for food and a look around. As for Petes company your in good hands, when I eventually want to go on to class 1 I definately will be coming back up that way no doubt about it.Good luck with the training!

Peter Smythe:

Looks scarier than it is, honest lol. I remember doing it on my C and thinking it was tight, then ce came and I instantly remembered on approach, felt good getting a tri axle round there first time

Best of luck with your training MontyTom! :smiley:

As well as owning a Rover! :open_mouth:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Indeed good luck with your training.

And a nice smart looking 75 you have, my ZTT was a cracking car.

Peter Smythe:

Thanks Pete I am actually looking forward to it. I will go out after my lesson and re do some of the runs

Newbie1985:
I stayed at the Central two weeks ago real nice people there, just be careful driving out of there that junction with the traffic lights can be naughty people bomb through. Plenty of places nearby for food and a look around. As for Petes company your in good hands, when I eventually want to go on to class 1 I definately will be coming back up that way no doubt about it.Good luck with the training!

Thanks I found that out yesterday.the road is a little race track where I come out

NickW88:

Peter Smythe:

Looks scarier than it is, honest lol. I remember doing it on my C and thinking it was tight, then ce came and I instantly remembered on approach, felt good getting a tri axle round there first time

Thanks my thinking is if other people can get round there then so can I.
Thanks again thomas

Evil8Beezle:
Best of luck with your training MontyTom! :smiley:

As well as owning a Rover! :open_mouth:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks Evil8Beezle.

Nothing wrong with Rovers.
I’ve had German and Japanese and this is the most reliable car I have owned.
Thanks again Thomas

simcor:
Indeed good luck with your training.

And a nice smart looking 75 you have, my ZTT was a cracking car.

Thanks simcor. I was bricking it but now I just want to go there.

Thanks i love my 75 and they are great cars.
Thanks again Thomas

I believe the actual road names are Portland Street onto St. Peter’s Way. Burger King on your right as you approach the lights.

You may well have done it by now anyway.

Sorry about the slow reply. I’m on holiday in the Scottish Highlands and the signal is eeerrrrrr hit and miss!

All the best with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:

I believe the actual road names are Portland Street onto St. Peter’s Way. Burger King on your right as you approach the lights.

You may well have done it by now anyway.

Sorry about the slow reply. I’m on holiday in the Scottish Highlands and the signal is eeerrrrrr hit and miss!

All the best with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks Pete had it today and didn’t touch a thing.
Thanks Thomas

Ok so day one.

I arrived half hour early because I wanted to get all my details sorted.

Once all that was done I met Chris and we went outside to the lorry.

He had to pop back in so I took a quick pic

Then we started off by him driving it into the reversing area and explaining all the controls.
We did that then he showed me a straight reverse.

I then did that a couple of times to get used to giving the lorry little movements.

He then pulled the truck forward and showed me the reverse manoeuvre.

I then did 2 assisted and 4 unassisted then we did the couple exercise.

I ripped my trouser stepping down as I didn’t think there was another step.

All sorted we bad a breather then out onto the road.

We went round loads of quite tight turns (tight to me being a newbie)

We then came up the hill then he said you need to be over as this one’s tight.
I said is this the famous burger king turn.
He replied yes.

I didn’t get to far over enough so had to wait for traffic to move then I got round.

After that we went and did some pulling up and independent driving.

When we got back I thought I did rubbish and he said no that was excellent. Your nearly there.
There are a few things positioning and speed on approach but apart from that I am going in the right direction.

This is after my last independent reverse

Thanks for reading and thanks to peter Smythe training for having a great bunch of guys who keep you calm.
Thanks again Thomas

Glad it went well Thomas, and best of luck with the rest of your lessons and test…
As if you don’t pass, guess who has to polish that fuel tank! :laughing:

Evil8Beezle:
Glad it went well Thomas, and best of luck with the rest of your lessons and test…
As if you don’t pass, guess who has to polish that fuel tank! :laughing:

Thanks Evil8Beezle I hope I do pass. But if I don’t I have rag as my trousers split when I couldn’t find the bottom step

All good so far then - apart from the ripped trousers!

Hope it carries on going to plan; I’m sure it will.

I presume it was worth the journey.