My c+e training blog. now passed!

short but sweet. ok here goes.

today was my first day of three learning to drive an artic. it went well driving a big old fh volvo its quite a nice truck but i dont like the silly 3 over 3 box which took some getting used to. i much preffer a 4/4. the driving was ok it was much the same as driving a rigid. the instructor seemed happy with the days progress. the only thing letting me down is round abouts I was going in to hot and trying to do too much at once so the instructor took the wheel and showed me the way. after that I was quite happy with the r’bouts I just wish people wouldn’t go flying round them AND MAYBE AN INDICATOR NOW AND THEN WOULD BE HANDY!

reversing is a bit hit and miss. the way he has tought me to do it is spot on. i managed to get it in one once which i was chuffed at then the next time i tried i cocked it right up lol. i thought id cracked it! but it is comming on and im happy with it and by the time my test comes it shouldn’t be a problem I don’t care if i take a shunt as long as it goes in.

un coupling is pretty straight forward no real worries there but i bet i forget something with test nerves

hit kerb count is 0 so also pleased with that over all it was throughly enjoyable. i did the 1 to 1 training and i don’t feel knackered which is good. looking forward to tomorrow so i can have another go. sorry if ive bored you!

joedwyer1:
silly 3 over 3 box which took some getting used to. i much preffer a 4/4.

how many times did you try to get 4 low or 8 high ■■?

Of course, I NEVER did that !!!

:wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

the only thing letting me down is round abouts I was going in to hot and trying to do too much at once so the instructor took the wheel and showed me the way. after that I was quite happy with the r’bouts

Well done - you cottoned on early

I just wish people wouldn’t go flying round them AND MAYBE AN INDICATOR NOW AND THEN WOULD BE HANDY!

Where’s the fun if they indicate :laughing:

reversing is a bit hit and miss. the way he has tought me to do it is spot on.

That sounds good

un coupling is pretty straight forward no real worries there but i bet i forget something with test nerves

Unlikely if you remember the BLACK & KCALB

hit kerb count is 0

Plenty of time to remedy that :laughing: :laughing: - I know… TAXI !!

ha ha no i just kept looking at the picture on the top of the gearstick. but in a way its quite good because im only using gears 3 to 6 and the splitter some times whereas on my daf at work i use 3 to 8. i hope i pass i just want to see that banner!

Good blog, Fingers crossed for your test.

good luck mate i started my c+e today and have my test on friday :smiley:

good luck to you too. how did you find it?

after initial 15 - 20 mins its ok just the length and height to adjust too not hit a kerb yet either lol gear box seems easier its a 4 over 4 ive been driving rigids for work for the last 2 weeks which has made me a lot more confident so fingers crossed we will both pass :smiley:

Nice Blog Joe … :wink:

Good luck to the both of you with your Class 1 …

im suprised thats two people that have said nice blog. it was a bit tounge in cheek and very short because unlike some. (coffeeholic or spd010 or what ever) im not big on words or writing interesting stories about driving trucks i don’t have that tallent. I was only mucking about. but good luck to all the good luck wishers and lets hope that the examiner gets some good ■■■ the night before and is feeling generous come test day

or he hasnt had any and you coukld bribe him lol :laughing:

Its all sounding good so far - good luck with the reversing :slight_smile:

bit of an update. after a good day yesterday i didn’t really feel like i made any progress today. a thought echoed by my instructor. i clipped a kerb and im still strugling to second guess people at roundabouts. im too hesitant. i will try and fix it tomorrow which will be my final full day of training. im hoping that today was my off day.

on a positive note the reversing is comming along very nicely and im having fun with it. i even got the chance to blind side reverse off of an industrial estate onto a dirt track with a ditch on one side which i got in one! im feeling a bit down about the whole thing but i know that if i want to spend the rest of my life sat on my back side then it has to be done eventually pass or fail :sunglasses:

The majority of trainees have a ‘dip’ in their training - this is perfectly normal - better now than on test day :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

youll be fine mate good nights sleep and start again tomorrow :smiley:

ok so the third and final day of training is now out the way. i recovered my confidence today and had a good day. no kerbs clipped today :smiley: been palying about with the reversing moving the cones much closer together so ive been getting the unit at some funny agngles to the trailer. went and had a look up the test centre and couldn’t believe the massive ammount of room to do the reverse. I just need to keep my head and don’t let the nerves kick in tomorrow for my 12.45 test. i feel like ive had enough training but still have the morning tomorrow to brush up. :smiley:

Good luck for tomorrow, I have done lots of driving test in my time, and if it feels good after 10 minutes or so, you will be fine, dont worry about the roundabouts, just be safe, and as one mate once said to me, As long as your safe “they cant touch you for it” Let us know how you go on.

Good luck with your test, look forward to you giving us the news tomorrow :smiley:

good luck mate hope all goes well :smiley:

Joe we are crossing everything…If I can do it - You can do it.
Rupert…

passed today 2 minors one for taking a shunt when i perhaps didn’t need to but i took one just to be sure to be sure! and the other for giving a signal to indicate that i was just taking a tiny bit of space when over taking some parked cars. the examiner said that there was a car in a side turning waiting to emerge and my signal might have confused him.

all in all im chuffed and can’t recomend kent metro highly enough :smiley: