My Book

After I mentioned in a thread yesterday that I would be writing a book about my M/E experiences and would be taking orders,I am having more PM’s than I can get through,wishing to place an order,and wanted to know when it would be out and how much will it cost!
Thanks for the support.I was speaking a little tongue in cheek when I said I was taking orders.
Due to the interest shown and the suggestions that I write a book about my M/E experiences,has,after finishing on the M/E over 20 years ago,persuaded me to start assembling my stories into some sort of order and getting them down on paper.
Several former M/E drivers have already written books,and no doubt several more will do so in the future.As I’ve said on this BB before,every M/E driver has enough stories to write a book.Everyones experiences are unique.
What brought the idea closer,was when I was asked by a publisher if he could use some of my pics from the Toprun site in the book he was publishing for Kevin Noble,who did the M/E for 3 years.The result was “Baghdad Trucker” which you have seen advertised and mentioned on this BB.
I estimate it could take me 12 months to get my story down on paper,after all,12 years M/E gives me a lot of stories to tell,not to mention the pics.Then I have to find a publisher who will agree to print it.
So,when my book comes out,it will be a professional job,not a pile of stapled sheets knocked out on my 'puter.
Good things are worth waiting for!

thanks IAN it will worth the wait, so keep us all up to
date on how its doing please.

Ian, perhaps you could get in touch with Mothertrucker and she will be willing to give you some advice on writing and publishing. My hubby did the M/E for a number of years and had diaries, which unfortunately his ex wife destroyed along with family photo’s and films.

Yes, I have written two books based on my experience in the over the water trucking world and did not bother approaching a publisher as I presumed I would be turned down.
I ended up self publishing and it is not as hard as it sounds.
If you do want any help or advice then give me a shout and I will be glad to help out.

I agree with Wendy, if you can’t get a publisher go down the self publish or Print on Demand route. Don’t know about self publishing but PoD costs next to nothing to get going.

And put me down for a copy when it comes out, just let me know where to send the money. :smiley:

Thanks for the advice and encouragement guys and gals.
I’ll keep you informed,but as I said in my original post,I’m not rushing it,just jotting down memories and tales and putting them into some order.

If anybody is looking for a publisher a young couple have started Vicarious Books they have written and published a couple of books on touring Europe.

Full details vicariousbooks.co.uk./ I’ve been talking to them today and they would be interested in books on Truckers tales.

I have a connection with Vicarious Books, I do research and site inspections for them.

Don

bestbooties:
After I mentioned in a thread yesterday that I would be writing a book about my M/E experiences and would be taking orders,I am having more PM’s than I can get through,wishing to place an order,and wanted to know when it would be out and how much will it cost!
Thanks for the support.I was speaking a little tongue in cheek when I said I was taking orders.
Due to the interest shown and the suggestions that I write a book about my M/E experiences,has,after finishing on the M/E over 20 years ago,persuaded me to start assembling my stories into some sort of order and getting them down on paper.
Several former M/E drivers have already written books,and no doubt several more will do so in the future.As I’ve said on this BB before,every M/E driver has enough stories to write a book.Everyones experiences are unique.
What brought the idea closer,was when I was asked by a publisher if he could use some of my pics from the Toprun site in the book he was publishing for Kevin Noble,who did the M/E for 3 years.The result was “Baghdad Trucker” which you have seen advertised and mentioned on this BB.
I estimate it could take me 12 months to get my story down on paper,after all,12 years M/E gives me a lot of stories to tell,not to mention the pics.Then I have to find a publisher who will agree to print it.
So,when my book comes out,it will be a professional job,not a pile of stapled sheets knocked out on my 'puter.
Good things are worth waiting for!

hi there if you are after any photo.s of the M/E run i have a bag full and there is a diary i did for a year on my trips to qatar the diary is still in the hands of graham ball i belive so if it will help you in any way drop him a line thanks regards benny,

waltzer077:
hi there if you are after any photo.s of the M/E run i have a bag full and there is a diary i did for a year on my trips to qatar the diary is still in the hands of graham ball i belive so if it will help you in any way drop him a line thanks regards benny,

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Hi waltzer, post them up, pics, stories, diaries, memories, tales…anything!!! :smiley: :smiley: :wink:

Start your own thread and fill your boots, there are lots of people here who have a great interest in the M/E run but never had or ever will have the chance to do it.

Look forward to seeing and reading of your exploits on here sometime!!..and dont be put off by a few of the (zb)s on here who take great delight in knocking people for where they have been etc, just post up your stuff :wink: :wink:

bullitt:

waltzer077:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Hi waltzer, post them up, pics, stories, diaries, memories, tales…anything!!! :smiley: :smiley: :wink:

Start your own thread and fill your boots, there are lots of people here who have a great interest in the M/E run but never had or ever will have the chance to do it.

Look forward to seeing and reading of your exploits on here sometime!!..and dont be put off by a few of the (zb)s on here who take great delight in knocking people for where they have been etc, just post up your stuff :wink: :wink:

If you want to waltzer, post your M/E tales, many of us are interested.
Like bullitt says, there are a few on here who will knock anyones efforts.
They get everywhere.

If you do post some stories and pics, it would probably be worth keeping some in reserve, for going in a book, like bestbooties. Pics posted on a site like this one loose any copyrights, I think.

The best of luck with that book by the way bb. Please keep us up-to-date on progress and when the time comes, let us know where we can get a copy.