MY 1st run to holland info needed

just been offerd a run to Rilland Netherlands can someone give a run down of the dos and dont i dont want to get nicked on my 1st trip the truck is on dutch plates Thanks

Holland is no problem, as long as you get a vignette and are under 4.0 metres high.
You might not need to get a vignette as your Dutch registered, it may be covered by your boss paying the Dutch equivalent to our tax disc. Check before you go.

They drive on the wrong side of the road over there.

Have a look here for where you can get a vignette, if you need it. Its a daily tax, €8 a day, cheaper if you buy it by the week.

Don’t forget to take plenty of money for cheap ■■■■ and booze.

Adinkerke in Belgium is the place for this, it’s the last exit before you get back into France.

Don’t forget to have a good trip!

Lucky you. Wish it was me!

■■■■ are cheaper in Holland,
a packewt of 30 cost €5.

also,go to the
euro forum and read the stickys, watch
try not to speed and also be aware that
the traffic can be just as bad for jams
which way are you crossing the channel
the kennedy tunnel in Antwerp is bad
for traffic between 0630–0900, and
you might be better off useing the toll tunnel

Keep out of them mucky places, and don’t buy any furry clogs.

Brit pete gets the award for understatement of the year.
Antwerp ring is terrible.

Watch out for the roadworks, they aren’t as well laid out as they are in the UK.
If you find a motorway exit in Europe that you can take at over 60kph, then let us know? :laughing:
Belgium is best for rolly baccy, Holland for ciggies. Keep the amounts down, customs will likely take a peek your first few runs.
If you come over through Zeebrugge, then the Total just outside the port isn’t a bad spot for parking up, and getting Vignette if you need it. On your way back to the UK, then be careful, don’t park up too close to the ports, it makes life harder for the illegals.

Get a twit-nav that understands Europe, and take everything it says with a pinch of salt. Watch the speed limit signs, any village/town limit sign usually means 50kph. Almost all motorway exits are sharp ones, think j22 of the M5 kind of sharp. You will be expected to sit in the right hand land almost the whole time, as overtaking bans exist everywhere, look for the signs.
Take it easy, watch the signs, and slow up lots on exits. You’ll be fine mate.

@Alikat it is okay if you hit it right,and if not well i take the side roads
out side the city center,;;; As his customer is up by Berg-op .zoom
he is better off takeing the tolltunnel as this keeps him out of the traffic jams,
if he gets on to the road from Gent to Antwerp via the A/R4
via Zelzta E34–A11 to ANTWERPEN toll tunnel
this will be less stressfull; ANDthen through the toll tunnel
up to berg op zoom and then riland around 83KM from Gent
the tunnel can be payed by card

guide to tunnel

Harry Monk:
Don’t forget to take plenty of money for cheap ■■■■ and booze.

Adinkerke in Belgium is the place for this, it’s the last exit before you get back into France.

Don’t forget to have a good trip!

Adinkerke, great place