Musical instruments in the cab

I used to play the trumpet, is the guitar a popular choice for drivers, or even banjo under the bunk?It makes the 45 min break go fast.

I’ve got steering wheel Bongo’s,
‘Cozy Powell’ Me.

Usualy have the horn come Thursday

Crikey this is getting a bit surreal Toby, 3 piece combo"Roadhaus" or “Renault Onion Box”? what cab do you suggest for a string quartet? :laughing: :laughing:

Luke is a keen trumpeter, we could have a truck concert in the waiting room of the RDC of your choice, it may wake up the goods in staff to some work for a change.
Get the trombone out while driving along in the 50 mph limit road works, if you get pulled over, just say you have to practice, and driving a 44 tonner helps me learn my lines.
Would not recomend a drum kit on the dash for health and safety reasons.

chester1:
Usualy have the horn come Thursday

I have “been told” there are lay-bys where you can find someone who plays the beef bugle :laughing:

[zb] hell, i heard that too.

I take a harmonica, can’t play the thing but I keep trying.

I play the horns and drums

3 tone and standard Horn :wink: and often the steering wheel drum and dashboard drum :wink:

was parked next to a Kermit a few months ago and he had some sort of karaoke machine and was wailin his head off. had to ask him to pack it in after a bit

Sounds like the French man was having a party in his cab, and a few drinks too maybe.?

I’m slowly learning to play the flute.
It’s a bit of a pain. Because it’s quite long it’s best played with the drivers side window open, so I dont keep rapping on the window. But this time of year its bloody cold with a window open. I prop my music book up on the dashboard, with the handbrake lever holding it in place. Another problem is that my cab lights don’t really put quite enough light where I need it.
I can’t do it sitting in the passenger seat because you need to sit straight in the seat and turn your head to the left. To the left there’s nowhere to put a music book and the light is even worse.
Practicing in a ‘goods in waiting room’ is good. I do that quite often. They soon get sick of the racket and get me loaded and away to shut me up :smiley:

knight:

Keep at it. You’ll get there.
One to get you motivated - J. Geils Band - Whammer Jammer :smiley:
(Look it up on YouTube).

I take my double bass im learning at the mo, it helps having a space cab for obvious reasons .

I can get a good few tunes from my arse if I had a curry for dinner the night before. Does that count?:grin:

Simon:

knight:

Keep at it. You’ll get there.
One to get you motivated - J. Geils Band - Whammer Jammer :smiley:
(Look it up on YouTube).

Thanks for that I hadn’t seen that before and I thought I’d seen most of the stuff on you-tube.

My Dad used have in his cab a penny whistle ,banjo ,mouthorgan,he would quite often give a tune over the cb for his mates.

Musical incab instruments beat that!..Toby aka randompostking…respect, your’e a legend man :sunglasses: :laughing:

Guitar, Banjo and Uke goes i the cab here, although not always the three of them at the same time :smiley:

damoq:
I can get a good few tunes from my arse if I had a curry for dinner the night before. Does that count?:grin:

My Arse +1 :wink: :laughing: :laughing: