Music Question?

There’s a song I want to know the title and Artist,it sounds very much like Lou Rawls 70s soul music and starts off with a dialogue about the Garbage collectors (binmen) in New York going on strike in the 70s for more pay when the city was broke and could’nt afford to pay them etc with the place basically filling up with rubbish.
I usually have a very good knowledge of all types of music from different genres,but am stuck to find this one. :confused:
any help would be greatly appreciated.

bikemonkey:
There’s a song I want to know the title and Artist,it sounds very much like Lou Rawls 70s soul music and starts off with a dialogue about the Garbage collectors (binmen) in New York going on strike in the 70s for more pay when the city was broke and could’nt afford to pay them etc with the place basically filling up with rubbish.
I usually have a very good knowledge of all types of music from different genres,but am stuck to find this one. :confused:
any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi bikemonkey, I’m pretty clueless when it comes to music, but there might be another way to come at the problem. :grimacing:

I once needed to know the title of a song too, but I could only remember a few of the words from it. A friend suggested a “lyrics search” and to cut a long story short, it worked. :smiley:

I was gobsmacked at how quickly it came up with the answer too, especially as the lyrics I wanted were in German. :open_mouth:

It was some years ago, but IIRC, I googled “song lyrics” then had a play with the returned sites until I found one that did it for free. Totally amazing it was. :open_mouth:

I hope this helps. :smiley:

sounds like the message by grandmaster flash, he sounds like lou rawls but its not from the 70’s
uk.youtube.com/watch?v=k3kRuJhIVIo

biggusdickusgb:
sounds like the message by grandmaster flash, he sounds like lou rawls but its not from the 70’s
uk.youtube.com/watch?v=k3kRuJhIVIo

No its definately not Grandmaster Flash or sugar hill gang or anything of that ilk .I’ve had that one for years
the one im looking for is a soul funk track and like I said it starts off with the man talking about the state of New York with the rubbish everywhere etc and then it goes more into the singing.

Ive tried a lyric search Dave,thats what I normally do if I need to find something but all that I can remember is the dialogue bit in the beginning and what i remember is in no particular order,so nothing comes up in the search.

Thanks anyway guys. :sunglasses:

I had a moment of 'clarity,which is very rare for me :open_mouth: …and here it is.
:smiley: :smiley: I was right about Lou Rawls being involved too :sunglasses:

Philadelphia International All Stars

youtube.com/watch?v=1MaqC2Z_e9g

Thanks Dave and Biggus :slight_smile:

no thank you, thru this i’m listening to a track i’ve not heard in years
uk.youtube.com/watch?v=AX8h9fp54go

I thought it was Homer Simpson singing “The Garbage Man Can” :stuck_out_tongue: