Munro of Aberdeen

One of Munro,s AEC Mercurys
transportphotos.com/road/photos
VS00851 Munro AEC Mercury.jpg

Anybody on here who used to work for Munro of Aberdeen or Maclennans of Aberchirder? I worked for Munros out of their East Kilbride depot before they folded in 1998.

Seen at Harrogate on the Trans Pennine Run2011.This has been restored by a chap from Bacup nr Rawtenstall I remember calling in one day last year when he had just finnished painting it.

This was when it was in the garage last year.
Albion taken @ Bacup-Munro's.JPG

I use to work out of the Manchester depot on greengate behind matthews transport

worked through an agency in 1996/97 for a couple of months then got took on worked

as day man collecting all the loads for the night trunks then went tramping for them till

a couple of months before they folded and jumped ship when chance of another job

came up, use to drive on days an old stratos (k80 hrs) and now an again the new CF’s

and XF’s then on r- reg’s, then went tramping and got an m- reg Seddon Atkinson

( the Iveco eurostar lookalike ) can’t remember all the reg of that one just the begining

(M453) , Good firm to work for, work was a doddle, loved every minute of tramping then

especially round Scotland.

Hi manctramper,we d defo be there at the same time.i remember the stratos you mentioned…think there was k81,82,83 and 84HRS.M453RRS i remember too.I f i remember right office was run by 2 Johns?.Knew some of the night trunk men.Brian “bud” Abbott.Was there a night trunker with the second name marsh?. i started in warehouse tipping your trunk loads when they came up. You boys certeainly could load a trailer,most nights crammed to the roof!!.Do you remember any of the Aberdeen trampers? made a mistake in reg on m453,think it ended in RSA. :blush:

When I drove for Smith of Maddiston Manchester,1976/1982,I worked with another driver called Frank Murphy,he left Smith’s went on for Munroe’s on days,better money he said.

Take it easy,

David