Multi temp, multi drop food tips

hi guys just picking your brains here. dont know if there is anything specific but while waiting to start I am just getting knowledge about the job detail and if there is anything specific about the food delivery service.

Any tips on cages or pallets
I have been told cycle the next drop to the front prior to loading your old cages.
try to do as many drops in town as possible without moving the truck.
dont smash the eggs :laughing:

any extra equipment you would recommend that comes in useful other than the usual bits to have in your bag?
when you get your route do you follow it or stuff it and do it the way that seems geographically sound as long as the drops that want specific times are happy?

thanks again guys and girls as always!

Don’t forget to put your tachometer on break when unloading.

A lot of it depends on the company, the type of drops and configuration of the vehicle.

General tips for using cages would be, check for sharp edges and any bits sticking out that might injure you before you grab them, check there isn’t a damaged wheel that might cause it to move unexpectedly or tip over. Watch out for holes in the ground that can cause cages to tip over. Don’t grip cages with you fingers round the outside edge when going through doorways or narrow gaps, you will crush your knuckles sooner or later doing that.

Don’t swing the rear doors into traffic or pedestrians. Use the door retainers when they are open, don’t leave them to get blown into yourself or someone else, and always report and missing or damaged door retainers.

jonnyboat:

Don’t take this advice…Unless it’s Friday…Then obviousely froday rules apply…

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Lock your cab doors when tipping [emoji6]
& always-always keep the keys in your pocket.

jonnyboat:

with the hours im working this may get used a few times lol

Glen A9:
A lot of it depends on the company, the type of drops and configuration of the vehicle.

General tips for using cages would be, check for sharp edges and any bits sticking out that might injure you before you grab them, check there isn’t a damaged wheel that might cause it to move unexpectedly or tip over. Watch out for holes in the ground that can cause cages to tip over. Don’t grip cages with you fingers round the outside edge when going through doorways or narrow gaps, you will crush your knuckles sooner or later doing that.

Don’t swing the rear doors into traffic or pedestrians. Use the door retainers when they are open, don’t leave them to get blown into yourself or someone else, and always report and missing or damaged door retainers.

thanks for this, good notes for me to remember! ive already crushed my hand the other day with an order hahaha

martinviking:
Lock your cab doors when tipping [emoji6]
& always-always keep the keys in your pocket.

its a good point! im crap with keys lol ill have to get an alarm! :grimacing:

Take care when pushing/pulling heavy cages onto the tail lift,had a couple go over on me before now,just let it go and don’t try and stop it :wink:

always push cages wether in the back or on the floor if it goes over get out the way let it go don’t be a hero it hurts believe me,
Good pair of gloves are a must wet hands cages in the freezer compartment could have your hands stick to the cages and lost skin pulling your hand off hurts like buggery and ain’t funny.
One tip if customers want printed temperature tickets with their delivery when you get to your first drop print 10 off then tear the time bit off,some drops are close together so you won’t have enough time to get the temp down to where its supposed to be then say you have just printed it for them,but ssshhhhhh I didn’t tell you lol.

Thanks that’s going to come in handy!! Especially on hot days! I’ve got some gloves so they will,come in handy I bet freezer burns are no fun! :slight_smile: