Multi manning

Hi guys new on here only drive 7.5 sorry just a quick question my boss is sending me away down south today I will start at 11am today but I have to drive about 1 hour to pick job up spend few hours loading then drive hour back to yard get my second driver then leave to go down south park up sumware but my second driver starts at 8am today so can this be done ? And my boss yes

Snookerman 147:
Hi guys new on here only drive 7.5 sorry just a quick question my boss is sending me away down south today I will start at 11am today but I have to drive about 1 hour to pick job up spend few hours loading then drive hour back to yard get my second driver then leave to go down south park up sumware but my second driver starts at 8am today so can this be done ? And my boss yes

To take advantage of multi manning rules, you can operate with one driver for the first hour, but there must be two (or more) for all the rest of the shift.
Edit to add.
Id you’re alone for more than one hour, you can then share driving duties, take a 45 break in passenger seat of moving vehicle, all ok. But you must start your daily rest at the latest at 15 hrs after your start time. (9hr reduced rest)
Daily Rest cannot be taken in moving truck.

All over my head haha so can it be done even I start driving at 11 am and second driver starts a shift driving a other 7.5 first then I pick him up later on day then he joines me driving my 7.5 that I start at 11am

If you start your shift at 11am then the second driver must be with you by noon

You can do this which keeps YOU under MM rules but NOT the other drivers …
You start 11am
Second driver joins you at noon
Third driver joins at 5pm + second driver leaves you at 5pm
Second + Third drivers are under normal rules = 15 hour max shift each
You are under MM rules = 21 hour max shift

Sorry guys bit thick haha so I start driving my truck at 11 am my second driver starts at 8 driving a truck so when I go and load my truck my self few hours come back pick him.up is that wrong as his card is ment to be in my truck within 1hour

Snookerman 147:
Sorry guys bit thick haha so I start driving my truck at 11 am my second driver starts at 8 driving a truck so when I go and load my truck my self few hours come back pick him.up is that wrong as his card is ment to be in my truck within 1hour

If your 2nd man actually starts work at 08hr, alone, he must start his daily rest at 23hr.
He cannot be in a moving vehicle at 23hr

Snookerman 147:

If you are joined by another driver in your truck then their card gets put into the tacho as weel using slots 1 and 2 with the person driving always being in slot 1

What you describe is not under EU reg multi manning rules but simply two drivers sharing a vehicle together with each being under single driver rules

Snookerman 147:

Yes you can do that but your mate will need to start a daily rest period no later than 21:00 or 22:00 if he has a reduced daily rest period available.

In other words you will need to be parked up by 21:00 or 22:00 if he can have a reduced daily rest period.

You cannot take advantage of the multi-manned concession on daily rest periods.