Multi manned job advert

Is this legal. If so, how? Taken from an online job advert.

We are interested in speaking to Drivers who are willing to work nightshift, multi man shifts to Stoke, this is a 3 man crew with 2 units so there will be alternate jump jockey involved, also there will be double man runs also going to Stoke.

As far as I’m aware, for double manning rules to apply the second driver must join the first driver in his vehicle within an hour of him starting to drive.

I have no idea at all how the job above works to double manning rules.

Nite Owl:
As far as I’m aware, for double manning rules to apply the second driver must join the first driver in his vehicle within an hour of him starting to drive.

I have no idea at all how the job above works to double manning rules.

Correct!

But the second driver must complete the journey after the first hour

Rather mysterious advert to say the least

As far as I am aware once the double manning starts if one driver finishes working as a pair then both have to complete a daily rest before doing anything else .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Isn’t having the 2nd man in the cab all the time relevant for the “spreadover” only?
If cab hopping on the road, and limiting the day to 13 or 15 hours, surely there is no problem?
I can see it being used between a depot and hub, about a six drive apart, quite easily, so long as it’s a quick turnaround.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Franglais:
Isn’t having the 2nd man in the cab all the time relevant for the “spreadover” only?
If cab hopping on the road, and limiting the day to 13 or 15 hours, surely there is no problem?
I can see it being used between a depot and hub, about a six drive apart, quite easily, so long as it’s a quick turnaround.

This ^^^

The drivers only need to start within an hour of each other if they’re taking advantage of the daily rest concession for multi-manning, if they’re doing 13/15 hour shifts the rules are the same as single manned journeys so it could be that they’re just jumping from unit to unit and having breaks in the moving vehicles.

WTF is in stoke anyway other then a ■■■■■■ up motorway?

tommymanc:
WTF is in stoke anyway other then a [zb] up motorway?

PMSL :laughing: :laughing:

You can have just 1 out of the 3 multi Manning

1 and 2 set off on a 12 hour drive time run

3 sets off on the same run 3 hours later

1 and 2 wait for 3 to turn up, 2 gets in with 3 and 1 heads back and parks up 14 hours after he started

3 and 2 and they head back, 3 is finished in 14 hours, 2 finishes 17 hours after he started and is the only one running on the multi manned regs

It might be a run that’s 6 hours each way per unit. So with 2 units that’s 24 hours driving time required.

2 drivers would only have only 18-20 driving hours between them, so another driver is needed, and he (or she) swaps between vehicles using their 9-10 hours entitlement as required.

In other words, 3 drivers would have 27-30 driving hours time between them to cover 24 hours of driving, all within a 15 hour spread.

In my opinion, this is probably a 15 hour spread job and not strictly double manning, and so completely legal.

grumpyken52:
As far as I am aware once the double manning starts if one driver finishes working as a pair then both have to complete a daily rest before doing anything else .

I believe that’s correct

Whichever way you spin it it will never apply to me. Even lads that I like and have a good laugh with in the depot I wouldn’t want to spend a full shift with in a truck in case they spend the whole 15 hours not shutting the ■■■■ up.

Socketset:

grumpyken52:

I believe that’s correct

Nope, 1 could finish but only if the 1 remaining is accompanied by another driver