Multi Drop Routing

I’m a relatively new trucker and I do pallet deliveries.
I have been out on the job now for about 8 weeks. I now have a set route but I have one of the biggest areas to cover in the company I work for. I only have about 15 drops a day (compared to some who have a much smaller area but have about 30 drops). The problem I have is that I often don’t get them all complete.
We are given our drops but we have to figure out our own routes. That’s where I’m struggling.
What do you guys use to plan your routes.
I’m looking for some android app if there is a decent one out there. I don’t mind paying for an app but the only apps I’ve found are monthly subscriptions which I don’t want to pay for

mahall1988:
I’m a relatively new trucker and I do pallet deliveries.
I have been out on the job now for about 8 weeks. I now have a set route but I have one of the biggest areas to cover in the company I work for. I only have about 15 drops a day (compared to some who have a much smaller area but have about 30 drops). The problem I have is that I often don’t get them all complete.
We are given our drops but we have to figure out our own routes. That’s where I’m struggling.
What do you guys use to plan your routes.
I’m looking for some android app if there is a decent one out there. I don’t mind paying for an app but the only apps I’ve found are monthly subscriptions which I don’t want to pay for

Ask the guys who know the run, they should be able to show the route that’s quickest and easiest. It’ll already be a proven route by people who’ve done it before you.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

The route must be do able or they wouldn’t plan it (no it does happen sometimes lol )
Before you go out take 10 minutes to look at a map and your drops,is it defiantly a set route? Reason I ask is it might be planned due to customers asking for certain times,which with traffic and hold ups will never do every day,you might see that going from drop 2 to 3’you are driving past drop 7 so detour do drop 7 then back on your route.
If you have times and your close to a later drop ring them and ask if they want it earlier might save long drive back later when your further away.
Not sure about apps for routing your day but as said ask others who have done it already for help

Co pilot truck you can put all the drops in and ask it to optimise for you but I would also check this manually

I use copilot truck and I would say it’s the best thing since sliced bread. There is a way to program multi drop into it, but I don’t use that feature, I have no need to, I do mostly 2 or 3 drops.

Uktramp is pretty clued up with copilot, might be worth an ask :wink:

The bloke that did my area before me has only moved to the garage so hes been really helpful to me. hes been doing that route for 7 years so he knows all the customers. but i dont want to have to ask him every day. most days my drops arent timed but sometimes i do get 1 or 2 timed deliveries.
the office just plan the routes by post code so ill get DL8 1■■ then DL8 2■■ and so on and this isnt perfect. i often do pass other drops if i stick to that route so i have been going out but if i havent picked up on it then it can be a real pain. my other issue with it is its all country roads so i cant fit down a lot of the roads so it can also add to the detour.

i will certainly give copilot a look. i have used it before for cars but i didnt know that was a feature.