Multi drop frozen food delivery v domestic fuel oil delivery

Given the option what would you do ?

The first can be very hard work & long days sometimes , others a doddle ,early start but sometimes early finish , always job & knock, pay is bonus related , busier earns more , multi national company.

The second is earlyish start , long days every day 50+ hours a week , easyier work though & better pay guaranteed each & every week , family run business.

Surely it’s a no brainer? Easier work and more money every week?

Which job appeals to you more? Until recently I would probably have gone for the latter but I’ve been doing some multi-drop for the first time in a few years and I’d forgotten how enjoyable that line of work can be.

I do Muti drop frozen, chilled and the rest and do up to 8 drops in a day around the UK. Some times I do long days and sometimes I have hard days. I love it as I like to try and get the jobs done quickly and safely and get back. I am not per hour though

I’v done the multi drop fuel deliveries in my early tanker days. It can be a pain when you’re handed 25 top-ups of kero & you’re pulling 100ft of hose full of product up driveways, around houses, thru dogs muck etc! Farms with tanks in the rafters & woodworm infested ladders to access them!
Busiest in winter with heating oil & at harvest time with gas oil to the farms, newer digital, time stamping meters have taken a lot of the ‘fiddle’ out of the job.

Here in Grangemouth, the drivers are on about a tenner an hour. (if they still have any fuel to deliver shortly!)

I wouldn’t hurry back to it.

I left builders merchants work to do the frozen multi dropping , been at it a couple of weeks , its ok at the moment, reasonabley quiet, money is not bad but not fantastic either, it will be absolutely manic in the summer building up from Easter , I don’t see this as long term for me, I took it as I was at my whits end in last place .

Yesterday the boss of the tanker firm actually called at my parents house to see if I could give him a call about working for them , spoke with him today & it all sounds good & a weekly wage of around 500 before deductions, will have my own area & customers & my own wagon which does not get used if I’m off on holiday,

Fingers crossed

I’ve been offered the tanker job so decided to take it , start a week Monday ,

Question is how do I tell the company I started for 3 weeks ago that im off , not yet signed a contract , feel bad but a better job with more pay is not to be turned down …

kemaro:

Question is how do I tell the company I started for 3 weeks ago that im off , not yet signed a contract , feel bad but a better job with more pay is not to be turned down …

Just crash the truck!

DrivingMissDaisy:

kemaro:

Just crash the truck!

Could do …

Tell the boss your shagging his Mrs. He soon have you out side :smiley: