Multi-drop driving - why people don't like it?

Did multi drop when younger. Kitchen an bathroom stuff and was a good job.
As time passed I took class 1 and moved on but saw the changes in multi work being parking to do the drops being made difficult and more awkward… done a bit since on agency but only to help out.

I even had a company I was doing class 2 work for telling me they were block booking me as I had W&D experience and class 1.they didn’t understand that I said no I was only doing the 1 shift to help the agency out :unamused:

IndigoJo:
I avoid it if I can. A common problem, particularly when delivering in town, is running up against the 6-hour working time limit, because deliveries take too long and there’s nowhere for miles that will let you stop for 30 mins. There are certain companies around London that I refuse to work for now for this reason. I just find trunking more fun; there’s usually less stress, you get to sit and enjoy the countryside, listen to the radio, sometimes read or write while being unloaded (sometimes not). The main reason I did my class 1 was to get more of this kind of work and much less rushing round town.

Amen brother :grimacing:

Dan Punchard:
Kerb side delivery only is the saying !

Kerb side delivery or it goes back to the yard is what I say.I had one guy say bring it up to the 13 floor at the plaza in Manchester so I said on you go then lol.Do I look like a van driver :grimacing: