Muller Dairies?

Anybody on for Muller Dairies ? I’ve been offered class 2 work about 10 mins from me. Presently doing Euro work but getting sick of all the problems.
Usual questions : Pay, conditions, shifts etc.
Thanks in advance.

Tanker or fridge?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Class 2 fridge mate.

Tesco most likely :slight_smile:
We have that now. Up to 26 Tesco Stores on a 44" Trailer. Wonder if Mueller can do that :slight_smile:

Immigrant:
We have that now. Up to 26 Tesco Stores on a 44" Trailer. Wonder if Mueller can do that :slight_smile:

Which part of Class 2 didn’t you understand :question: :unamused: :wink:

Immigrant:

That really helps :exclamation: :exclamation:

steve the argonaut:
Anybody on for Muller Dairies ? I’ve been offered class 2 work about 10 mins from me. Presently doing Euro work but getting sick of all the problems.
Usual questions : Pay, conditions, shifts etc.
Thanks in advance.

Did one agency day delivering milk…here’s a tip…NEVER EVER unstrap you load when you’re parked on a slope :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Immigrant:

Naw the Muiller driver can’t do that, he’s too busy way his feet up back in the house watching homes under the hammer, while you’re still knocking your pan in.

They do coops as well :wink:

Class 2 work is generally 10-20 drops a day. Local work. Tesco Expresses etc. Generally home for 3 at the latest, most out of the door by midday - lunchtime after a 3/4am start. Jobs not for everyone but plenty of long servers & well unionised with proper overtime & weekend premiums. You’ll be a relief driver at first & get messed around a bit but once your settled & have your own run it’s a breeze.

The Class 1 guys do 6/7 local superstore drops absolute tops (usually less in my experience), doddle of a job. If you get into the Class 1 crew on days it’s cracking job imo if you don’t mind early starts. If you don’t mind working afternoons thats a good gig too.

Baggie:

Immigrant:

Which part of Class 2 didn’t you understand :question: :unamused: :wink:

Fridge :stuck_out_tongue:

rob22888:
Class 2 work is generally 10-20 drops a day. Local work. Tesco Expresses etc. Generally home for 3 at the latest, most out of the door by midday - lunchtime after a 3/4am start. Jobs not for everyone but plenty of long servers & well unionised with proper overtime & weekend premiums. You’ll be a relief driver at first & get messed around a bit but once your settled & have your own run it’s a breeze.

The Class 1 guys do 6/7 local superstore drops absolute tops (usually less in my experience), doddle of a job. If you get into the Class 1 crew on days it’s cracking job imo if you don’t mind early starts. If you don’t mind working afternoons thats a good gig too.

I’m baffled , I’ve done superstores and I’ve often turned up with other trucks there , it can take them 2 hrs for a d/d , then there’s your d/d at 2 hrs , what happens if your last in the que , I guess you could go onto the next drop , but I remember a maratime driver who had too wait for 3 hrs in notts , his next drop was Lincoln , he was pulling his hair out and he only had 3 drops that night , I’ve often sat there thinking I’ll never get out of this place .expresses the same , it can be a doddle some days , but that’s with 3/4 drops not 20 , is my recollection of expresses failing me , most didn’t open until 7 so that’s 4 hrs of your day done , 20 expresses in 8 hrs , it sounds I guess feasible but in reality , Rush hour in notts , staff that are too busy too tip you , I don’t know , but if your getting that off I can only say credit too you

Same set runs all the time, so you know where any hold ups might be and plan around them. They used to give you that much time between drops you could always catch up anyway if delayed, wasn’t uncommon on nights to get 2 hours of downtime between 2 stores 5 miles apart… Oh the joys of not-for-profit transport :laughing:

if its anything like Avonmouth you need no brains and a right foot that sticks to the floor as much as you can stick 2ft from your best pal in the truck in front who wants to shag the co-op driver in front of him :unamused:

oh and all 3 were that close if number 1 had stopped at the red traffic light that all ran through there would have been a hell of a mess :unamused:

I think the OP is actually asking about the ex Dairy Crest part of Muller group, which is now Muller dairies. He didn’t mention Wisemans. Just sayin.

Cosmic:
I think the OP is actually asking about the ex Dairy Crest part of Muller group, which is now Muller dairies. He didn’t mention Wisemans. Just sayin.

thats the one who got tsco contract

Cosmic:

There is no ‘Wisemans’ any more. It’s now called Muller Milk and Ingredients.

Anyone know what the rate/salary is for class 1 days?

I have spoken to loads of Wiseman drivers when I worked at P&H and have spoken with a few while I have been at Iceland.

Hardly any have a decent word to say about the gaff. Plus they tear arse around in knackered opti crap Scanias full of dents.

eagerbeaver:
I have spoken to loads of Wiseman drivers when I worked at P&H and have spoken with a few while I have been at Iceland.

Hardly any have a decent word to say about the gaff. Plus they tear arse around in knackered opti crap Scanias full of dents.

I’ll be honest and say I’m not overly fussed what I get to drive about in more interested in what gets put in my bank at the end of each month :smiley: