Müller Class 1

Evening all.

Does anybody have any experience working for Müller? I have my driving assessment with them next week, anybody have any tips of what to expect? Also I’m not sure what the pay is yet as it just says competitive salary.

My only issue is I haven’t drove an artic in over 6 years so may be my downfall especially reversing and coupling up.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

I have no experience of working for them but when I was tipping at their Market Drayton site I read a notice on their notice board telling drivers in which weeks they could and could not take annual leave, and the thing is that I tell the employer when I am going on holiday, not the other way round. :wink:

Harry Monk:
read a notice on their notice board telling drivers in which weeks they could and could not take annual leave

How dairy

There is a nice way to deal with that.
I once applied for holiday during the year exactly on the periods that holiday was not going to be approved, so I had a collection of letters of refusal
on the last slot that holidays was not going to be approved (xmas and new years) I applied again and got another refusal.
With all those letters I knocked on HR`s door, poker face, talking about a meeting I supposedly had with an employment law solicitor.
Not only I was the only guy in the company to be on holiday during xmas/new years, but I got a holiday extension as well as reparation for my rights being usurped, or just as a shut up thing regarding a law suit.
No need to say that from then on I can apply for holiday on any period, even with a few hours notice, and it gets approved swiftly, there were two occasions that I even got approved for holiday
retroactively.

Basic pay has never been anything to write home about at Müller, unless it’s changed recently the contract is 39 hours per week. However, it’s one of few companies left that offer you proper contract terms, ie. x1.5 after 39 hours, x1.5 on Saturdays, x2 on sundays, x3 on bank holidays etc. All unionised for that of course.

One of the better jobs I have had, just expect antisocial hours. If your one of them nutters that likes getting up at 2am you will fit in!

You have a PM.