Mudflap information

Hi all. I am a University student currently on my third year. I am completing my dissertation which i have decided to base on lorry and large vehicle mudflaps. I will be making a product when I have written my dissertation and am currently doing market research. I have produced a questionnaire. It is only 8 questions long. I would really appreciate if anyone could fill it in for me so I can continue my dissertation research. If anyone is interested please click on the link smartsurvey.co.uk/s/95572RHILA thank you.

Done.

Done.

I’ve done it, good luck with your dissertation!

Not really sure of what I have done :confused:

Thank you! All replays will help

Hmmm, all done… sure no-one has tried to reinvent a mudflap before?

Done

Oops double post, survey done once though :blush: :blush: :blush:

I fixed the duplicate for you. dd. :wink:

done. good luck.

Done, relevant topic for me, my/the companies TGX had a front near side blow out last Friday night, whilst doing the night Trunk & it Spanked the mudflap. Around £400 to replace I’ve been told tonight ! WOW !
As well as the call out & the tyre (bet we didn’t get much change from a Grand !)

done it and good luck

Thank you all for completing it. It just gives me proof there is a market for my product that I can show to my tutor and examiner. I appreciate the help :smiley:

Personally I don’t think lorries should have mudgsurds and should be like American rigs with just a flap at the back. Let all the spray and crap out.

was it only me that had to google dissertation ■■? :blush:

Hi all! I am extremely appreciative of all the responses I had regarding my survey and posts on this forum! In total I have 93 of you drivers have completed my survey and the results are as expected which is perfect! Please let me know if you would like me to post a copy of the results and I will do so. Thanks again!

coiler:
Hmmm, all done… sure no-one has tried to reinvent a mudflap before?

thanks for completing the survey. There are a couple of reinventions of the common mudflap but none that have been successful or made a huge impact on the market so I have decided to make it my task ( as a designer ) to create a new design that is successful! :smiley: I should add it is not necessarily the mudflap I will be redesigning it will be mainly the bracket that holds the mudflap. Hope that answers your query.

If I may ask how will redesigning the bracket make a difference? If you rip a flap off it’s dead unless you have cable ties and a drill, even if it’s a bracket that detaches quick and clean you still have the risk of the rig running over it and damaging it, kids nicking them, or just falling off and getting left roadside. Mudguards are a different story tho, thy could do with better brackets

i personaly cant see how you can improve what is already out there. have you anymore info on ur design/ idea?

In response to Frost 89 and truckers boy, I have previously thought about the points you have made. The designs currently on the market don’t address them for example the point you made about the detachment being clean but the risk of still running the mudflap and bracket over-my design will not detach but ‘move’ away from the rotating wheel. I can’t say much as yet because it is still a work in progress and I am ironing out problems and creating solutions. But I will be sure to post the final result!

surely with the ammount of taliban imports getting caught,or falling off the axles,then someone could invent a bracket to have them mounted and used as mudflaps (at least on the way back out across the channel),these could also be adapted and used to reinstate the unemployed,hgv drivers leaving the industry as the new cpc seems to be an insult to anyones intelligence,and school leavers after going on the inevitable health and safety induction course to be trained and have a rewarding career as uk mudflaps.(apart from the ones that dont wish to travel),they could be trained as shunter mudflaps,?..surely an idea worth patenting at the earliest opperchancity??