Much out of SCT?

Need to know if it’s worth going back on the boxes, paid by the load. I know the rates will barley cover costs but if there’s enough work then it might just pan out…

So are you guys getting a full week or are you parked up for half of it ?

I work out of most southern ports, and they are all still quiet at the moment.

last week, i got to Southampton at 14:00 on the tuesday afternoon and left at 10:00 on the wednesday morning for a job that was actually booked for 13:00 on the thursday (but loaded wednesday)

oh and i forgot to add, if you need a sliding skelly, PM me, i got four you can choose from :smiley:

I think you should stay where you are!!! I’m fed up of sitting on the docks waiting for a load only to see hauliers that have previously been on other jobs that have gone quiet turn up and start doing boxes. The job s quiet for everyone and people jumping onto containers is making it harder for those of us who make our living out of the boxes week in week out… Stay where you are and ride it out the best you can like we all have to.

shuttlespanker:
oh and i forgot to add, if you need a sliding skelly, PM me, i got four you can choose from :smiley:

Thanks for your offer m8 but we’ve a couple near new that have not moved this year. :cry:

AndyRud:
I think you should stay where you are!!! I’m fed up of sitting on the docks waiting for a load only to see hauliers that have previously been on other jobs that have gone quiet turn up and start doing boxes. The job s quiet for everyone and people jumping onto containers is making it harder for those of us who make our living out of the boxes week in week out… Stay where you are and ride it out the best you can like we all have to.

i agree, working for freightliner i see most container hauliers coming in our yards and now we have a few general haulage firms coming in now on boxes. i do’esnt affect us as f/liner always seem to be busyish.

AndyRud:

I completley understand your frustration as I’m on the same side of the fence…

One of the reasons I’ve been scratching around since the tail end of last year is cause those who you’d never see pulling a skelly decided to muscle in when there work fell off.

We are a small outfit, solely containers, and I offered to step down when the bottom fell out so as to leave what little work there was for those that need. The gaffer does what he can to give me the odd day while he tries to find something more regular. Every now and again he gets offered some port work, usually sct, but the figures just don’t add up, and they’re the figures offered, in reality there’s always a slice missing :unamused:

We run very very lean and if we can’t make it pay others must be running at a loss.

AndyRud:

Although these guys who have just recently started working out of SCT seem to have no end of work…
qdlogistics.eu/

I also predict you’ll see George Allinsons operartion in SCT expand anytime soon. :smiley:

Mike-C:
I also predict you’ll see George Allinsons operartion in SCT expand anytime soon. :smiley:

Now there’s a firm that like their pound of flesh :stuck_out_tongue: