Msa's and there charges

i see that the rip off services have jumped on the truck drivers with there parking charges?

just wondering if everyone else’s company are moaning about payin it or just refusing out right?

do many off you actually pay to park in them or not?

we’ve got an account with CP Plus,so we dont have to fork out the money for parking on them,but we dont get the meal voucher.We have to park “Secure” If you can call it that,cause of the loads we carry,but having said that we are’nt allowed to stop at Toddington or Northampton due to break ins.

2 of ours got done over for Diesel a few weeks back at Fleet.

Its nightime robbery if you ask me :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

I do from time to time when there’s no other option - which is usually either when I can’t get to where I’ve planned, or got there to find it full with very little time left.

Company doesn’t seem to care, but then they pay the M6 Toll without squeaking too.

its laybys or idustral estates for me cause i aint paying and no i dont care if the load or the diseal tank gets done (not anymore)

i’m same now some quiet spot now they want 17.50 without a meal ticket 20.00 quid with one.

i dont do the msa thing either.
and i dont do laybys at the side of the road.
like mentioned i do park up on ind estates provided there is a pub/decent place to eat nearby, i also stop at various mixer plants/depots who never say no to parking either in the yard or just outside there gates.
i do get paid parking for every night out i have, no question, but ■■■■ if im going to give it to someone else :wink:

dave:
i do get paid parking for every night out i have, no question, but ■■■■ if im going to give it to someone else :wink:

Don’t you get paid for parking? I haven’t worked for anyone who doesn’t pay parking and if I ended up in a job where that was the case, I’d tell them not to run me on nights out.

Sorry, I’m not following you and I get a funny feeling you’re not either.

i said " i always get paid parking" for every night out i have, irrespective of wether i have to pay or not.
i get paid £31 for a night out.
broken down thats £21 night out £10 parking = £31 for me.

dave:
i said " i always get paid parking" for every night out i have, irrespective of wether i have to pay or not.

Well that backs up research by the government that says its notso much a shortage of parking but a shortage of drivers who will pay for it!!

Mike-C:

dave:

Well that backs up research by the government that says its notso much a shortage of parking but a shortage of drivers who will pay for it!!

think thats about right mike.
but in a roundabout way.
some drivers do count there night out money as part of there wages so they want to save it all… i dont. its an extra for me.
but a typical msa charges £12 to £15 to park up with a voucher for a meal. if the restauraunt is closed they say it can be used in the burger king/ mc donalds but after getting it you wont get any change back on the voucher.
also.msa,a are always busy. trucks and cars come and go all through the night so why pay good money to have a lousy nights sleep.
now on the other hand some smaller truckstops only charge £6 to park up. i dont mind paying that. but if i knew a place around the corner somewhere quiet where i could park up why would i pay :question: .

so when did this have to pay to park start ive only been doing long distance work since 1991 doing own account local before that since the year dot or has it always been or just when the gov sold the land off to the msa’s after all if nobody paid what could the do clamp 100 trucks parked up every night?. why not pick a date say 2nd tuesday in oct and bicot the whole of the msa pay to park if enough drivers refused that night only the unlucky couple might get clamped and we all thro a £1 in the kitty to pay thier release
and then i woke up sorry :laughing:

malcolmj:
so when did this have to pay to park start ive only been doing long distance work since 1991 doing own account local before that since the year dot or has it always been or just when the gov sold the land off to the msa’s after all if nobody paid what could the do clamp 100 trucks parked up every night?. why not pick a date say 2nd tuesday in oct and bicot the whole of the msa pay to park if enough drivers refused that night only the unlucky couple might get clamped and we all thro a £1 in the kitty to pay thier release
and then i woke up sorry :laughing:

It’s always been the case you had to pay to park it was just never enforced. It is enforced now because the MSA’s are owned by Venture Capitalists/Investment companies. Also the Government has not sold them all off. The government still own about half of them.

My boss will pay for my parking no questions asked as long as I put the recite in

Mike-C:
It’s always been the case you had to pay to park it .

This is true, and it is in fact a condition of the MSA’s operator’s licence that they have to charge for parking over two hours. This has always been the case and the Government made this ruling to prevent MSAs becoming “a destination in its own right”, although who in their right mind would think “I know. I’ll have a day out at Corley Services” has always been beyond me.

I do the Industrial Estate thing too, although my boss would pay for parking in an open urinal…oops, I mean a motorway service area, if I parked in one.

bikemonkey:
we’ve got an account with CP Plus,so we dont have to fork out the money for parking on them,but we dont get the meal voucher.We have to park “Secure” If you can call it that,cause of the loads we carry,but having said that we are’nt allowed to stop at Toddington or Northampton due to break ins.

2 of ours got done over for Diesel a few weeks back at Fleet.

Its nightime robbery if you ask me :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

dafdave

Your right mate robbery is what it is.£20 to park with a meal ticket £17 50 without either way they get the money and parking secure,what does it say on the boards PARKING AT YOUR OWN RISK. If anybody else did it it would be classed as extortion,a polite way of saying robbery.

They are a total rip off, my boss will pay but does like it I had to stop at Clacket Lane Monday £20 with no meal voucher £25 with, What did I get for that [zb] showers that were still in the same condition the next morning (so much for the 45min cleaning rota they boast about).
It makes my blood boil the police and Highways Agency are encouraging us to park in these so called secure areas because of lorry load theft and the MSA’s are forcing us of with their rip off prices,

Language edit. If it needs stars to get it past the auto censor that is the clue it isn’t allowed

malcolmj:
why not pick a date say 2nd tuesday in oct and bicot the whole of the msa pay to park

Isn’t it down the bosses to complain/protest about the cost of parking? It isn’t really a driver issues as it isn’t the driver who is paying the charges.

The standard of the food, the cleanliness of the facilities are things that affect the driver but the actual cost of parking isn’t - or shouldn’t be unless they are stupidly paying the company costs out of their own pocket. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

bikemonkey:
we are’nt allowed to stop at Toddington or Northampton due to break ins.

I’ve stopped at Toddington twice in the last fortnight - the first time I got a knock on the door from a bloke asking for diesel “they won’t take my card, but I’ve got the gear to syphon some out” how handy is that? :unamused:

Second time, at about 1am there was a bang on the door - I peeked out the curtain, and the driver next to me was doing the same - then heard more banging further down the line, and an angry voice telling someone to go forth and multiply. Couldn’t get back to sleep then. Gonna try not to have to stop there again - but don’t know of an alternative in that area (we aren’t allowed to do the lay-by or industrial estate thing.)

grumpybum:

bikemonkey:
we are’nt allowed to stop at Toddington or Northampton due to break ins.

I’ve stopped at Toddington twice in the last fortnight - the first time I got a knock on the door from a bloke asking for diesel “they won’t take my card, but I’ve got the gear to syphon some out” how handy is that? :unamused:

You should of hit back straight away and said "are you looking for some buisness driver " !!! He’d be off like a shot !!! LOL !