Msa

Why is it when you are in a Msa some one is reversing with his reversing beeper going off why don’t they turn it off they can see curtains shut on A lot of wagons

Oh yer and why aren’t Msa bigger for trucks I coyldnt get into weatherby tonight so am stuck in Moorhead on the m62

Some trucks have a switch in the cab to turn it off and some do not.But at certain times of the day and night it is illegal to make that noise.

On some lorries you cant turn them off…

How do the shut them up after 2300-0600

drivergraham:

As Saaamon has said, on some you can’t turn them off.

We could argue the legalities of that all night, but you’re probably quite tired now after your late night. :wink:

drivergraham:
Oh yer and why aren’t Msa bigger for trucks I coyldnt get into weatherby tonight so am stuck in Moorhead on the m62

This bloke must be backing a loser express.co.uk/finance/city/4 … ruck-stops

If he expects truckers to pay for anything :neutral_face:

The amount of truck parking is worked out to be a percentage of passing traffic flows.

If i had to reverse somewhere at night and there were people walking around near the lorry i’d have the bleeper on regardless of the time… I use to get annoyed with people doing things like you say but now i just let it go over my head, these people dont do because their ■■■■■ they probably just dont realise…

some companies it is policy and lets be honest if a reversing beeper wakes you up then youre not really asleep are you!!

UK MSA are so much quieter and less busy then over here with all the nice big old Petes, Kens frieghtshakers etc running all night and you guys moan about a beeper going off or the odd reefer running!!!

drivergraham:

There was plenty of room at Wetherby, when I arrived last night at 1900 and when I left at 2100, so dunno why you couldn’t get a space.

I drove round but no spaces might have got some on A 45 break but nothing

drivergraham:

You could always have used the lorry park in the town (unless it has actually closed now, I haven’t been in for a few months)

speedyguy:

drivergraham:

This bloke must be backing a loser express.co.uk/finance/city/4 … ruck-stops

If he expects truckers to pay for anything :neutral_face:

The amount of truck parking is worked out to be a percentage of passing traffic flows.

Have you ever known a bookie to knowingly back a loser■■?

drivergraham:
I drove round but no spaces might have got some on A 45 break but nothing

If there were spaces for you to have a 45 why not overnight■■?
Or is it me■■?

drivergraham:

with a hammer!!

David :slight_smile:

I would have over nighted I ment the spaces filled up by people on A 45min break

I’ve never had a truck yet where it could be turned off by switch. I’ve disconnected them from trucks before as I hate the bloody things any way and certainly dont like disturbing people at night with the racket.

robinhood_1984:
I’ve never had a truck yet where it could be turned off by switch. I’ve disconnected them from trucks before as I hate the bloody things any way and certainly dont like disturbing people at night with the racket.

There’s a switch in my Renault !

Taffytrucker.Does the American and Canadian government know about all these truck engines running at night to keep warm in winter and cool in summer.
At a guess how many truck engines are running over a year and how much fuel is wasted.?

Denis F:

robinhood_1984:

As there should be in every truck, but there isn’t. Some trucks here in North America have them too but none I’ve driven have had a switch either. Not unless you count my wire cutters a switch that is.

robinhood_1984:

Denis F:

robinhood_1984:

As there should be in every truck, but there isn’t. Some trucks here in North America have them too but none I’ve driven have had a switch either. Not unless you count my wire cutters a switch that is.

No switch in my old frieght shaker not even thought about it in my new truck