MSA Parking Tickets

Got a parking eye ticket for Michael Wood south on 19/11. Notice generated 18/12. Usually pay but couldn’t be arsed this time on the night as i was knackered & forgot in the morning.

Experiences? What’s the current advice lads? Leave it or pay the £60 increasing to £100 if not squared away.

I think it’s Harry Monk who posts on how to deal with MSA tickets. He has a standard response letter which gets posted every so often. Something about the fine not being a true reflection of the losses incurred by you not paying to park there and you never agreeing to enter into a contract blah blah.

Those letters are invoices rather than ACTUAL “parking fines” and have no real legal basis.

Theres letter templates you can download and send off to those companies. Just search google.

Bin the bill they sent you, what follows is threatening and indimitating letters using the wording of courts, bailiffs and affecting the credit rating.
Ignore their scare tactics designed to make people cough up in fear.
They can’t get any money off you.
Bin liner on the truck number plates, take the trailer plate off too,as never know which direction the Cctv cameras are facing when entering and exiting.

toby1234abc:
Bin the bill they sent you, what follows is threatening and indimitating letters using the wording of courts, bailiffs and affecting the credit rating.
Ignore their scare tactics designed to make people cough up in fear.
They can’t get any money off you.
Bin liner on the truck number plates, take the trailer plate off too,as never know which direction the Cctv cameras are facing when entering and exiting.

What a load of ■■■■!

Parking Eye are the most litigious parking company out there. they issue thousands of court claims a week, ignore and you will end up in court.

OP - Have a read of this - forums.moneysavingexpert.com/sho … ?t=4816822

Follow it to the letter and they will back down.

I can’t argue with the number plate argument, but I wouldn’t like to explain my actions to DVSA or the Police that sit on the hard shoulders at services.

Forget about it. Got one in the summer in my van. They send ever more threatening letters for about six months then give up. That’s third time it’s happened. It’s hard to ignore when the letters start coming from supposed debt collection agencies but stand your ground, ignore and all will go away. Each time for me has been less than an hour over so I refuse to be swindled like this

switchlogic:
Forget about it. Got one in the summer in my van. They send ever more threatening letters for about six months then give up. That’s third time it’s happened. It’s hard to ignore when the letters start coming from supposed debt collection agencies but stand your ground, ignore and all will go away. Each time for me has been less than an hour over so I refuse to be swindled like this

Was it from Parking Eye? I doubt it.

If you break the law down then signs charging for parking are not worth the paper (or signs) they are printed on. Not sure which laws etc covers it but they cant really enforce payment.
Same goes with the “Park at your own risk. We are not responsible” signs you see in car parks. Bollox. They are. Again,not sure which laws cover it though.

The way to do it is appeal to the parking company on the grounds that the amount claimed is not a genuine pre-estimate of loss.

They’ll probably reject it, but provide you with an appeal verification code which you use to lodge your appeal with POPLA. They’ll back you up. Don’t think the old method of ignoring the letters works as consistently as it might once have done.

Silver_Surfer:
Got a parking eye ticket for Michael Wood south on 19/11. Notice generated 18/12. Usually pay but couldn’t be arsed this time on the night as i was knackered & forgot in the morning.

Experiences? What’s the current advice lads? Leave it or pay the £60 increasing to £100 if not squared away.

Appeal it or pay true cost (not the inflated invoice), or just do what Harry does- think he has a template letter on a few threads.

DO NOT CONTACT THEM AT ALL. They will send you umpteen threatening letters all looking real, even photographic evidence of your haenous crime but just ignore them. Then you will get a debt collectors letter or 2 (usually an internet search will bring up an address of this debt collectors address or PO Box which will be in the same vicinity as the parking eye company address, however it maybe not). They will threaten you with a solicitors too, you will get a solicitors letter that also may have a connection to the debt collectors or parking enforcement people. These companies are vile, they look very professional and very convincing when frightening people into paying. Don’t worry, don’t panic and keep your bottle and eventually they stop writing to you… I have helped a couple of people through this (women) and they do start to panic when being harassed by these letters, but like I say, do not reply or pay these horrible vile people who bully people into paying something you shouldn’t really be paying for anyway.

Kerbdog:
DO NOT CONTACT THEM AT ALL. They will send you umpteen threatening letters all looking real, even photographic evidence of your haenous crime but just ignore them. Then you will get a debt collectors letter or 2 (usually an internet search will bring up an address of this debt collectors address or PO Box which will be in the same vicinity as the parking eye company address, however it maybe not). They will threaten you with a solicitors too, you will get a solicitors letter that also may have a connection to the debt collectors or parking enforcement people. These companies are vile, they look very professional and very convincing when frightening people into paying. Don’t worry, don’t panic and keep your bottle and eventually they stop writing to you… I have helped a couple of people through this (women) and they do start to panic when being harassed by these letters, but like I say, do not reply or pay these horrible vile people who bully people into paying something you shouldn’t really be paying for anyway.

This used to work perfectly (twice I have got away with it using this method a few years ago) before the ironically named ‘Protection of Freedoms Act’ but as they can now go after the registered keeper chances are your boss could make things difficult (unless your an owner driver). Best to now request a POPLA appeal (like Harry does)and if that fails only offer a true remuneration of losses (the original fee), forget the inflated invoice etc. Although you don’t really have to offer this as they have sent a fraudulent invoice but it looks good and will put and end to the hassle. If it doesn’t you could sue for harrasment (so I’m relieably informed in an RDC somewhere) but this is yet to be tested.

Thats said, ignoring could work- just its less likely to after the POFA came in.

Kerbdog:

^ This.
These letters are designed to get the people who worry to pay. And it is mostly women. I get them all the time and they go straight in the bin. One particular company has given me about a dozen “last chances” to pay!
They are not legally binding and if you ignore it it WILL go away. No matter how many extra “charges” they add on. Chuck it away

I belive theres also now a company that for about £16 will fight all these demands for money. If they win, they keep the £16. If they lose, they pay the cost of the ticket.

m1cks:
I belive theres also now a company that for about £16 will fight all these demands for money. If they win, they keep the £16. If they lose, they pay the cost of the ticket.

I doubt it. Not really much of a business model. A £16 gain against a much larger loos. Sounds like they will be very VERY picky about what fights they take on. s in,only the ones they know they can win. So you could win it yourself. If they are only charging £16 its not very complicated sounding.

The-Snowman:

m1cks:

I doubt it. Not really much of a business model. A £16 gain against a much larger loos. Sounds like they will be very VERY picky about what fights they take on. s in,only the ones they know they can win. So you could win it yourself. If they are only charging £16 its not very complicated sounding.

Heard about it on LBC’s legal hour.
I have also found this as well. Moght be worth looking at for the OP
parkingcowboys.co.uk/parking-eye/

m1cks:

The-Snowman:

m1cks:

Heard about it on LBC’s legal hour.
I have also found this as well. Moght be worth looking at for the OP
parkingcowboys.co.uk/parking-eye/

And theres these as well http://www.parkingticketappeals.org.uk/
We guarantee to cancel your parking ticket or pay the ticket for you! For ONLY £16.00!

trubster:

switchlogic:

Was it from Parking Eye? I doubt it.

Who knows, all three went in the bin.

Thanks Weeto, Snowman had me questioning my memory for a while. Glad I’m not losing it yet.