MSA Hotel/Parking

before you all tut because its another post about parking on MSA’s its not, well it is but not the sort you expect!

on saturday morning i am doing a run up to manchester from fareham in a 7.5t day cab and will be stopping at birch services on the way back down on saturday night. the company have booked me a hotel room in the services there and i was wondering, do i still need to pay the parking fee if i am paying for the hotel?

can it be parked in the hotel carpark or does it need to go in HGV parking?

if anyone knows it would be very much appreciated?

many thanks

Probably best to give them a quick phone call mate. You dont want to come down in the morning and find a ticket or clamp on yer motor.

Had a mate I met at one of those pub chains they attach those hotels to, last year in Bristol.

He just gave them the reg and parked up in two spaces. I guess as long as you ring them in advance and let them know it will be fine.

Let us know how it goes!

Alex

Ive dont this befpore and NO you dont need to pay for parking as free parking is included in the motel fee.

the ■■■■■■■ reception will give you a jit
just park as close to motel as pos and write a bigger clear note
leaving your phone number on it (turn phone off when asleep)

We used to use hotels in msa in my last job i used to just park in the hotel car park never had a problem in the 2 years we used them.

i stayed at the one on clacket lane when we came back from france in july. we just signed in at the hotel and filled the car details in at the reception, no tickets or clamps :laughing: :laughing:

I’m glad someone raised it because it is a question that I had long pondered. I’d got visions of booking in at reception and then being assured that parking was free ‘providing that you park within our boundary area’.

I’d got visions of then informing the receptionist that it would entail the removal of two trees and three saplings, and that few other residents would depart before I did. :laughing:

In the light of the replies given, driving a car or, more particularly, a van laden with tools, given that Motel parking areas provide, in terms of hours, a ‘window of opportunity’, for the loss of valuables. I’d be more inclined to park directly outside the doors to the MSA or even in the ‘purchase’ bays at the fuelling point, where there is likely to be greater CCTV coverage.

i stopped at strensham one night in the travel lodge. you dont need to pay for parking just let the lass know behind reception.

bloody room was as almost as cheap as the truck parking!!

fingers:
i stopped at strensham one night in the travel lodge. you dont need to pay for parking just let the lass know behind reception.

bloody room was as almost as cheap as the truck parking!!

did the same at Membury a few years ago - free parking when you pay for a room!

A couple of years ago Travelodge were doing rooms for £5 a night at some of the quieter sites if booked on the internet. I stayed at Blyth MSA 3 times for a fiver, and got free parking which would have cost £15!!! And I booked on the internet after I had parked.
Right now some are doing rooms for £19 a night, worth a look as some MSA’s are charging more than that for parking.