Msa- double standards!

If I park in a coach bay I get clamped!, if I stay for just over two hours my boss gets a love letter with a nice fat fine! Yet if I drive a White transit van, run it on red diesel and pull a caravan, I can park on any MSA I want for free!! I’m thinking of ditching my trailer and pull a caravan instead, maybe tie a wild dog to the side and generally rob and terrorise anyone in a 15 mile radius. You can’t stop me other wise you will be racicst, and you will violate my human rights.
Don’t truckers have human rights??

I know it ■■■■■ but they are a business at the end of the day.

I’ll bet that the most a average driver will spend in a MSA is what, a couple of quid on a coffee?
For every 60 trucks in a MSA parking area probably 60% of them will be on a 45 and just be using the parking and toilets.

Ok after 4pm most of them will probably be staying overnight, but during the day? probably not.

A coach full of 50 odd people, however, and you are pretty much guaranteed that half of 'em will get a meal of some sort and the other lot will probably on average spend £6-£10 in WH Smiths at worst. £200 spend per coach wouldn’t be unreasonable would it?

Car drivers are different, they might only want a pee and a coffee too, but they might get food, the ones on their own are probably on expenses so will spend at least a tenner and the families will probably buy a few cans of coke at least to keep the kids quiet.

Cars and Coaches stop because they WANT to, trucks stop because we HAVE to.

As long as the MSA’s are run as businesses (which will be forever) we will always be the thorn in their backside. We can’t expect to be treated like royalty when we take up the most room and spend the least, as well as probably doing the most damage too.

I dont expect to be treated like “royalty” , just with a little respect . I.e. Clean toilets(not sh*t up), showers that work, and clean. Fresh healthy food, with a choice, and maybe a sence of security, I don’t think I’m asking allot for what I pay am I?

Yeah and if any car, van, coach is parked in trucks area it is more than OK and it is never going to be clamped although it takes vulnerable space for someone who can not park wherever he / she likes.
And I do not like trucks parked in Long Loads area they should be clamped IMHO.

Thereal-john:
If I park in a coach bay I get clamped!, if I stay for just over two hours my boss gets a love letter with a nice fat fine! Yet if I drive a White transit van, run it on red diesel and pull a caravan, I can park on any MSA I want for free!! I’m thinking of ditching my trailer and pull a caravan instead, maybe tie a wild dog to the side and generally rob and terrorise anyone in a 15 mile radius. You can’t stop me other wise you will be racicst, and you will violate my human rights.
Don’t truckers have human rights??

Don’t forget to empty the tanks of the lorries parked overnight.

We are not classed are human, so no.

MisterStrood:
Yeah and if any car, van, coach is parked in trucks area it is more than OK and it is never going to be clamped although it takes vulnerable space for someone who can not park wherever he / she likes.

Same with trucks that park and block off the hazardous load parking area!

andi_cardiff:

MisterStrood:

Where are they andi? I can only thing of Jonquera

Wheel Nut:

andi_cardiff:

MisterStrood:

Where are they andi? I can only thing of Jonquera

Leigh Delamere! Coming back to Wales it is one of the very few places we are allowed to stop at when we carry certain products, if you come into the truck parking, along the left hand side (next to the trees) is the signed hazardous parking area which is always blocked off by ‘normal’ trucks!

Scarab:
Cars and Coaches stop because they WANT to, trucks stop because we HAVE to.

Coaches stop there because they have to as well :wink:

and they get free meals too. do coach drivers. cos i used to do it.

greggy:
and they get free meals too. do coach drivers. cos i used to do it.

I dont, the food is zb, besides thats theres nowt wrong with getting out the gas stove and cooking up a Bombay Bad Boy Pot Noodle :stuck_out_tongue:

double standards"I DIDNT THINK THEY HAD ANY STANDARDS AT ALL"

urgh leigh delamere? what a ■■■■ hole. I would rather press on to magor for a wash. the shower may be short but at least hot

joedwyer1:
urgh leigh delamere? what a [zb] hole. I would rather press on to magor for a wash. the shower may be short but at least hot

Unfortunatly not allowed to stop at Magor though!