MS Autoroute question: Re: more options - driving speeds

Speaking to the agency guy (following my Daventry-Norwich job) we got talking about configuring MS Autoroute to limit road speeds.

I was already using Autoroute 2005, which when you select: Route> more options> driving speeds gives you a tab with five slider bars and options to set them at slower/average/faster speeds.

The agency guy showed me his 2007 version of the programme which displays a different driving speeds tab where you can select an actual speed value for a road type. So he gave me his DVD to install it myself, but when I’ve installed it, it only shows the same screen with the slider bars! I’ve googled the problem and tried every option I can find in the programme, all to no avail. FFS! it’s the same disc and the same programme :imp:

Does anyone know how to resolve this?

:confused: I have 2007 and all ive got is the sliders… Sure your mate hasnt got hold of an add on ive also got AR Keys which just automates a lot of the processes for you

did you uninstall 05 before putting 07 on?

try this it might help? other than that

i dunno!!!

Cant see that being the problem to be honest as i never had a previous version to uninstall

AR 2007 automatically uninstalled AR 2005 during it’s own installation.

And set your average speed BELOW what you can legally manage on each road type.
Single carriage ways a maximum of 35mph, duals 45, and motorways 50mph.
That way your guestimate times will be roughly accurate.
Because you never go down any road on the limit the whole time, do you.

sure thats not on 2006

allikat:
And set your average speed BELOW what you can legally manage on each road type.
Single carriage ways a maximum of 35mph, duals 45, and motorways 50mph.
That way your guestimate times will be roughly accurate.
Because you never go down any road on the limit the whole time, do you.

Erm… that’s just the problem, the option boxes for actual speeds in mph aren’t shown, just slider bars.

only got sllders on my AR2007 too :cry: :cry: :cry:

It would seem then that dubya has mistaken his friends 06 for 07 there you go case solved

NEXT!!! :laughing: :laughing:

i think they did away with that feature in the 2004 version and introduced sliders. Useless for wagons as i backed the sliders to slowest, planned a route and it’s still calculated a hour faster than i can do the route in wagon…

you’ll probably fnd that if you use it with GPS then it’ll calculate journey time based on GPS location and speed being travelled

The last Autoroute version where you could type in your own speeds was version 2002 or 2003. Since then it only has sliders.
However I only use Autoroute finding the actual street and don’t trust it to give directions. And for the same reason I don’t like to use a sat nav.
As an experianced truck driver should already know how to get from eg Plymouth to Leeds wthout looking at a map let alone a sat nav to get stuck down a famers lane.

bbez:
i think they did away with that feature in the 2004 version and introduced sliders. Useless for wagons as i backed the sliders to slowest, planned a route and it’s still calculated a hour faster than i can do the route in wagon…

Exactly the problem!

bbez:
you’ll probably fnd that if you use it with GPS then it’ll calculate journey time based on GPS location and speed being travelled

Wasn’t planning on getting a GPS to go with AR, I guess I may get a Tom Tom at some point but not yet.