Mrs late for work again

If it’s not bridges

064B9554-8253-4F0C-A9C8-3EA8714B7689.jpeg

What a none story, that truck is delivering rail crossings to Grantham station. A few cars had to wait while he got it steered around that corner and it becomes a news story, Jesus

Good job it wasn’t you then as she’d still be sat there now

Don’t feed the troll…

Night-and-day:
What a none story, that truck is delivering rail crossings to Grantham station. A few cars had to wait while he got it steered around that corner and it becomes a news story, Jesus

Well Grantham only has 2 claims to fame :wink:
1 being the birth place of Maggie
2 The current home of Dozy :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Night-and-day:

Agreed… but it’s a major event for those who are easily entertained, as well as for reporters with little else to do. :smiley:

To be fair, I didn’t see the words ‘thundering juggernaut’ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bloody lorry drivers delivering plant to a housing development, its first world problems, you buy a two bedroom house with no parking but still want 3 cars.

Ms Lacey said: "The digger got stuck between cars in the road at quarter to nine in the morning, quite a number of residents had to help it get out. (To me, to you, to me, no, to me!)

"It caused havoc, but this is happening all the time. We’ve had diggers, heavy duty vehicles and all sorts down there, it’s not an isolated incident.

"The road can’t manage, it’s not wide enough for them to get through.

Long Lane Digger.jpg

"I used to go walking on Long Lane but not anymore, it’s too dangerous now. But others still do and children go down it too.

"Hundreds of lorries must have been up and down it with deliveries and there’s a new housing estate being built nearby so we’ve been getting a lot of construction traffic.

"I’ve heard neighbours say that drivers sometimes stop in Long Lane and park up to sleep overnight. There should be signs put up to warn drivers that the road isn’t suitable for HGVs.

"It’s difficult for residents to park because if they leave their cars on either side of the road lorries can’t get through.

"Every time a lorry goes past we have to go out and check our car’s okay and it causes problems for neighbours when they have to leave for work.

Wheel Nut:
Bloody lorry drivers delivering plant to a housing development, its first world problems, you buy a two bedroom house with no parking but still want 3 cars.

Ms Lacey said: "The digger got stuck between cars in the road at quarter to nine in the morning, quite a number of residents had to help it get out. (To me, to you, to me, no, to me!)

"It caused havoc, but this is happening all the time. We’ve had diggers, heavy duty vehicles and all sorts down there, it’s not an isolated incident.

"I used to go walking on Long Lane but not anymore, it’s too dangerous now. But others still do and children go down it too.

"Hundreds of lorries must have been up and down it with deliveries and there’s a new housing estate being built nearby so we’ve been getting a lot of construction traffic.

"I’ve heard neighbours say that drivers sometimes stop in Long Lane and park up to sleep overnight. There should be signs put up to warn drivers that the road isn’t suitable for HGVs.

"It’s difficult for residents to park because if they leave their cars on either side of the road lorries can’t get through.

"Every time a lorry goes past we have to go out and check our car’s okay and it causes problems for neighbours when they have to leave for work.

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

I’ve been doing a lot of deliveries to builders merchants lately, mostly in stupid locations, at the end of cul-de-sacs, in housing estates, down farm tracks, or what not (many in London), but I’m now enjoying them. The more havoc I cause, the better :grimacing: :grimacing: :smiling_imp:

the nodding donkey:

Wheel Nut:

I’ve been doing a lot of deliveries to builders merchants lately, mostly in stupid locations, at the end of cul-de-sacs, in housing estates, down farm tracks, or what not (many in London), but I’m now enjoying them. The more havoc I cause, the better :grimacing: :grimacing: :smiling_imp:

Travis Perkins in Peckham was a fun one and that twas in an 26t rigid

dieseldave:

Night-and-day:

Agreed… but it’s a major event for those who are easily entertained, as well as for reporters with little else to do. :smiley:

To be fair, I didn’t see the words ‘thundering juggernaut’ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

How are you able to read the article? It’s an image about the size of a postage stamp on my screen and doesn’t do anything when clicked. It’s the same with every attachment he posts. I can just about read the headline text but that’s all.

DCPCFML:
How are you able to read the article? It’s an image about the size of a postage stamp on my screen and doesn’t do anything when clicked. It’s the same with every attachment he posts. I can just about read the headline text but that’s all.

granthamjournal.co.uk/news/ … k-9203886/

That doesn’t answer the question.

DCPCFML:

dieseldave:

Night-and-day:

I use Ctrl + Shift + the plus sign to bring stuff like that a bit nearer.

I wasn’t really trying to read the story, but what caught my eye was the sheer amount of column inches that such a non-event occupied. :open_mouth:

dieseldave:

DCPCFML:

dieseldave:

Night-and-day:

I use Ctrl + Shift + the plus sign to bring stuff like that a bit nearer.

I wasn’t really trying to read the story, but what caught my eye was the sheer amount of column inches that such a non-event occupied. :open_mouth:

So you can’t view it in full size either then? What you’ve said is just zooming in on the browser- you can do that by scrolling your mouse wheel and holding CTRL. It doesn’t make the article any more readable.

supposse it makes a change - its usually Doze late for his steak on a friday night

beefy4605:
supposse it makes a change - its usually Doze late for his steak on a friday night

I’ve noticed a change too… at least he’s posted it the right way up! :grimacing:

DCPCFML:

dieseldave:
… I wasn’t really trying to read the story, but what caught my eye was the sheer amount of column inches that such a non-event occupied. :open_mouth:

So you can’t view it in full size either then?

That’s correct, but it didn’t really matter to me.

DCPCFML:
What you’ve said is just zooming in on the browser- you can do that by scrolling your mouse wheel and holding CTRL. It doesn’t make the article any more readable.

That’s correct too, but I took the point (rightly or wrongly) about the amount of column inches devoted to such a non story.

Grantham isn’t exactly in the same league as Midsummer in the muder/crime league and I imagine that reporters are paid by the word or something similar so a non event such as we have here is inflated and exaggerated in order to fill column inches.

the nodding donkey:

Wheel Nut:

Sounds like my kind of job :smiling_imp:

dieseldave:

beefy4605:

I’ve noticed a change too… at least he’s posted it the right way up! :grimacing:

It would have been really funny if Mrs Doze had been going shopping for his steak - in stead of Dozy being late the steak was :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: