MPQC (EPIC Card)

Hi Guys

Sorry if this has been asked before. I’ve been reading bits on here.

Just how important are these cards? Is it a case of that if you don’t have it you can’t tip in a quarry etc? Also if I was looking for tipper work, would it be beneficial to aim towards one before approaching a tipper company?

Does anyone have any experience on the training & what it involves?

I’d love to get on a tipper firm but ‘experience’ isn’t in my favour. However I’m trying to make myself more attractive :slight_smile: to this area of trucking.

Again sorry if I’m being a bit daft in asking but is it someone like EP training that might help me out with this? Any idea of costs?

Happy New Year by the way & thanks for any help on this subject.

Cheers Andy

I don’t hold an MPQC/Epic card and i’ve been working on the tippers for over 9 month now.In and out of quarries all day long (Tarmac/Hanson/Cemex etc) and never once been asked to produce this card.Its all own account work so possibly it could be different if you were actually working for the quarry company itself.

I think it’s changing on 1st of March, after that you will need a Driver Skill Card / EPIC card (same thing 2 names) to load/ tip in a quarry operated by one of the aforementioned big 3 .

It’s a one day course and as long as you use an accredited trainer you will also get 7hrs CPC upload.

Hope this helps.

I have a current EPIC card, the big boys all require you to have it, ( it all depends on how jobsworth the man on the gate/weighbridge is ) all it shows is you understand the H&S regs of the mineral & aggregate industries & it counts towards your DCPC as a module

Cheers for the info guys.

I did here somewhere about the 1st March thing.
Thanks again

TheNewBoy:
I have a current EPIC card, the big boys all require you to have it, ( it all depends on how jobsworth the man on the gate/weighbridge is ) all it shows is you understand the H&S regs of the mineral & aggregate industries & it counts towards your DCPC as a module

We use quarries between Northumberland and Derbyshire so there must be a hell of alot of relaxed weighbridge operators employed by these companies [emoji2]

In all seriousness if anyone can point me in the right direction of this new 1st March legislation it would be much appreciated.

All training for this qualification is run directly by MPQC.

Their contact number is 01159 836580, i’m sure they will be able to give you all the latest information as well as when and where courses are running.

John