Mpg

Talking to a mate

What MPG do you think a R500 and a R620 can do fully loaded with cattle ?

Not a lot !!

7mpg ■■?.?

Depends entirely on the terrain. On the A14 maybe 8mpg, on the A30 in Cornwall maybe 6.4 mpg.

7.5ish…

Go on then, enlighten us :unamused:

I think probably 8 - 9 mpg, since I was getting just over 9 running a 460 which would drop gear if there was a hill in view, even if it was in the mirrors, I think the bigger engine might even its self out a little, running less weight, the scania’s at Stobart were returning 12.5 - 13.3mpg most days, think they were 440’s and they had the clutch pedal.

waynedl:
I think probably 8 - 9 mpg, since I was getting just over 9 running a 460 which would drop gear if there was a hill in view, even if it was in the mirrors, I think the bigger engine might even its self out a little, running less weight, the scania’s at Stobart were returning 12.5 - 13.3mpg most days, think they were 440’s and they had the clutch pedal.

12.5 - 13 are you sure, I dont get that out my Merc, and thats a car by the way :blush:

Depends on where it’s going and what the terrain is I would think 9-9.5 for the 620 driven properly

alix776:
Depends on where it’s going and what the terrain is I would think 9-9.5 for the 620 driven properly

Not with a cattle box on with the vents open.

About 6 mpg for either, not a lot more on livestock.
Plenty of full weight running, plenty of wind drag.

Was going off what used to get when I was on boxes with and what the 620 used to get

waynedl:

Interesting you mention that, driving the older 380’s I always got between 11 and 15, sometimes nearly 17 if I was light, I am a night driver btw, same runs and loads with the newer Eco friendly 400’s and 420’s I only get 9 to 13, and the semi auto 440’s 8 - 12 if I am really carefully, in short Mr Stobby is surely losing a fortune as get gets rid of the 380’s !!!

Before anyone thinks I’m spouting I confirmed the astounding results with a tank to tank refill !!

You must have had the wind behind you. :open_mouth:

SteveR:
About 6 mpg for either, not a lot more on livestock.
Plenty of full weight running, plenty of wind drag.

Yeah I reckon thats about the ball park. Used to drag a float from time to time with a Premium, and drag was the best description. Boss never worried about MPG on those run though, as they were his own stock. moaned all the rest of the time :unamused:

Phantom Mark:

waynedl:

Interesting you mention that, driving the older 380’s I always got between 11 and 15, sometimes nearly 17 if I was light, I am a night driver btw, same runs and loads with the newer Eco friendly 400’s and 420’s I only get 9 to 13, and the semi auto 440’s 8 - 12 if I am really carefully, in short Mr Stobby is surely losing a fortune as get gets rid of the 380’s !!!

Before anyone thinks I’m spouting I confirmed the astounding results with a tank to tank refill !!

wouldn’t beleive any dash computer,work it out with pen n paper,i bet its alot different

Hence the sentence below the picture…

oops,missed that,soz

After buying endless V8 scania’s i can tell you what one man found out after spending hundred’s of thousand’s on them in all guise’s. No 2 are the same ,1 R500 can hit 10mpg,nothing else come’s close and he has no idea why. New 560’s seem to be the best on fuel apart from the 420’s but where would you be going with a scuttering 6 cylinder :stuck_out_tongue: