MP`s Pay rise approved

So the slimeballs have had an 11% pay hike “approved”. All three party leaders vigorously opposed this. Yeah, right.

Looks like a case of “same s**t, different year” looming again.

Let the rancour and bile begin!!

I agree with you ■■■■■■■,but a lot of people working in local authorities are on a lot more money than the MP’s or Cameron. The Chief Executives and Heads of Departments are on way over 100 to 200k a year.
And these authorities are all making huge spending cuts on services etc. This country is rotten from the top down. :smiling_imp:
Cheers Dave.

The excuse the MPs will make for accepting 11% will be that it’s not them who decide their pay and they have no veto over Ipsa :unamused:

I think this country is too far down the pan now for anyone to be able to reach the flush handle to clean this place up now :frowning:

I concur 1000% guys, but salaries are just the tip of the proverbial iceberg. The ever-present old chestnuts of “legitimate expenses”, spurious staffing appointments, cash for questions, lobbying, outside business interests…ad infinitum. I suspect that these are the hidden, murky depths where the real moolah is generated.

Then we have the Fred Goodwins, Sharon Shoesmiths, and numerous other largely anonymous captains of industry, bureaucrats and administrators who are hugely rewarded for abject failure.

I too fear that corruption is now so deeply entrenched and widespread that we can be little more than powerless spectators.

Honestly, sometimes I get so enraged, I could quite literally crush a grape.

thedailymash.co.uk/politics/ … 3120981813

The last sentence on that article sums them all up :laughing:

Come on, you have to give them some credit for passing their pay rise to an organisation guaranteed to give them a rise they cannot refuse. They will spend the time trying to convince us it’s nothing to do with them while rubbing their grubby mitts. That said its still less than half what union bosses get for doing f all.

Slackbladder:
Come on, you have to give them some credit for passing their pay rise to an organisation guaranteed to give them a rise they cannot refuse. They will spend the time trying to convince us it’s nothing to do with them while rubbing their grubby mitts.

That’s why it rings a bit hollow when you hear some of them saying they’ll refuse it … it’s very easy to adopt a principled stand when you know that, even if you do refuse it, the extra money will still appear in your bank account. Any MP who donates 11% of his or her new salary to charity will be worthy of a bit more respect.

Exactly, that’s the beauty of the system, they are in a position where they cannot refuse it. Out of the 600+ MPs I cannot imagine even 1% giving the money away to anything but their own bank accounts.

Slackbladder:
Exactly, that’s the beauty of the system, they are in a position where they cannot refuse it. Out of the 600+ MPs I cannot imagine even 1% giving the money away to anything but their own bank accounts.

One exception would be Dennis Skinner, he already donates some of his salary.

Agreed, 5 to go.

If Ipsa and the commons are truly “independent”, I`ll dip my nads into a bubbling chip pan. Rather ominously, Ipsa are also empowered to oversee the expenses framework. Who exactly created, appointed and then empowered them? Perhaps a couple of well-timed daisy cutters through the commons roof at question time would be an appropriate declaration of public indignation.

Power to the people!!!